/dist/images/branding/favicon

New owner Assistance

Discussion in 'Cinestar 8' started by Ben Joslin, Jul 20, 2015.

1. Ben Joslin

Ben Joslin New Member

Hi Guys,

Recently got offer a crazy cheap cinestar frame so i leapt on it. Currently flying a few FPV racers and a Tarot X6.

It appears the frame comes with the QC3328 motors. I cant however find much in the way of motor data for these motors.

What sort of props should i run? I have a gimbal payload of about 1200g.

I bought 8 hobbwing Platinum 40A ESCs and ordered some 10k 4s lipos.

Does anyone have the actual figures for lift capacity of these motors?
    Any advice i should be aware of?

2. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

justin p likes this.
  3. Ben Joslin

Ben Joslin New Member

Hi Andy,

Thanks for the reply its much appreciated. They don't generate a great deal of thrust!

That's a lot less than i was expecting tbh as the suggested thrust with the supplied props is 2.2kg per motor at max according to the quadrocopter website.

I have a set of 6 Tmotor U5's and will think about buying a few more and using my 6S lipos instead.

Thankyou :)

4. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

Correct. The QC-3328 are not designed for "heavy lifter" configurations.
    Andy.

5. Ben Joslin

Ben Joslin New Member

So there shouldn't be any issue with me running an arris zhao yun and nex configuration on 4s? intending to use 2 x 10k 4s lipos in parallel

6. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

You might want to run that question through the simulator at ecalc.ch.
    In addition I've sent you a PM via the "Conversation" feature of this forum.

Andy

7. justin portwood

justin portwood New Member

hi all i am new to this so here it goes,
    i bought a cinestar8 from a friend in montana i have figured out how to get it hooked up to the comp etc but when i unplug and go to try to run the motors with my spektrum dx8 the motors will not start. i see it in the mk tool everything looks fine i took off all the compas error, sd card etc still no motor engagement can anyone help plz as i have yet to get it off the ground and have been serching the internet for a few days now.
    also andy i watched your videos verry helpful thank you but here i am stuck just not abel to figure out the motors.
    i did the pull down left doun right got the compas calabrated etc i know there is something i am missing hopefully you guys can help
    thanks justin p

8. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

Justin welcome to the forums. Would you be kind enough to change your user name to your real first name and last name, please? The reasons for this (and how to do it) are explained here: http://forum.freeflysystems.com/index.php?threads/real-names.497/.

When you watch the channels in MKTools do all of the controls on the DX8 cause the same channels to move in MKTools? Might be a mapping issue. You don't mention the version of software you are running. Default on the MK in recent versions is that you need to move both sticks to get a motor start. Lastly if you are hooked up with MK tools can you run each motor manually? Remember to take all of the props off if you are doing this inside.

9. justin portwood

thank you gary that is my first name just didnt put my full last name but will do it. now yes all the chanels are all moving the same on the mktool (oh latest newest version 2.0 i think just updated everything yesterday) and yes all motors run through mktool and no propellers, thank you for the hed up. im new to mktools and the like but not new to rc copters. so i am using a dx8 and have done the travel etc on all the settings so i get 0 and max but still no start havent done the 2 stick yet just learned about that so its down left and nick right?? thank you for responding and helping

10. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

Justin: The usual reason you cannot start the motors is either the compass needs to be recalibrated or you have the interlock set that prevents you from taking off if there are less than a given number of GPS satellites locked into the GPS unit.

Can you connect up the CS8 to your computer, start up MKTool, and then "Save" settings to a file on your computer. The normal file type is .mkp (MK Parameterset). Then post this file to the form using the Upload a File button that appears below a new message window.

There's a useful web page for using MK Tool: http://wiki.mikrokopter.de/en/MK-Parameter
    You can see "Save" in the lower right hand corner.
    Once you've saved the file, then post it on the forum. It's just a plain text file so you can open it with a text editor.

Also, on that web page above you can click on each of the buttons at the top of the page and see what each page's parameters mean.
    Click on the MISC button and see what the checkboxes are set to at the lower part of the screen right above the two rows marked P1, P2, etc.

What options do you have selected in those three checkboxes?

Then check the Navi-Ctrl (Navigation Control button) -- there are two of them you want the first marked just Navi-Ctrl.
    What number do you see for Min. Sat?

Thanks
    Andy.

11. justin portwood

ok so I got them running but now when I start the motors they just run at a slow rpm when the stick is at 0 and when I throttle up they go up they just don't stop at 0. what am I missing now I tried the travel on the dx 8 and still the same thing thank you all for the help I really appreciate it and I hope I uploaded the file right let me know thank you

Attached Files:

12. justin portwood

ok so I got them running but now when I start the motors they just run at a slow rpm when the stick is at 0 and when I throttle up they go up they just don't stop at 0. what am I missing now I tried the travel on the dx 8 and still the same thing thank you all for the help I really appreciate it and I hope I uploaded the file right let me know thank you

Attached Files:

13. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

I'm not sure I understand what you mean...."just don't stop at 0?" Do the motors throttle up or not?

Also, what were your settings for the check boxes on the MISC tab, please?
    Andy

14. justin portwood

k i got the motors to start but when the throttle is at 0 on the dx8 they are still running, and the misc tab boxes are as follows
    compass error not checked
    sd card not checked
    gpx fix missing checked
    and i uploaded the .mkp file just not sure i did it right can you see it
    also teachable carefree is checked and use vario control for failsafe altitude is checked

15. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

When the throttle is at 0, the motors should be at idle. That is normal. Actually there is a setting for "Min. Gas" on the MISC tab which is the throttle servo value used by the flight controller.

QUESTION 1: When you throttle up, do the motors speed up?

The "not start without GPX fix" means that you cannot start the motors without a GPX fix.
    QUESTION 2: How many GPS satellites are being reported?
    See http://gallery3.mikrokopter.de/tech/MKGPS_Config

You did successfully post the .mkp file (you did it twice actually! :) )
    I don't see anything in the .mkp file that would inhibit you being able to throttle up the motors.

RECOMMENDED CHANGES
    I would recommend that you disable the Teachable Carefree for the time being. It can cause more problems than it is worth.

You *must* have (as you do have) the "use vario control for failsafe altitude is checked." That means the Emergency-Gas setting is shown as a percentage of the throttle setting needed to hover (which is determined automagically by the Flight Control Board).

Please verify that the MISC -> Emergency Gas (a) shows a % sign to the right of the number and (b) the number is 95.

I would also recommend that you change MISC -> Carefree Control to 0 thus disabling it.

Remember to Write the changed settings back to the Flight Controller.

Andy.

16. justin portwood

so they sould be running (i.e.)turning when throttle is at 0 and yes the motors do spin faster when i throttle up .
    so on my msc tab the min gas is 8 is that right and if so the motors should be turning? i think i got it when the motors are on they spin even if throttle is at 0 on dx8 correct? (i am really new to this type of copter as you can see and thank you for the help).
    gpx satellites are min 6 and being reported are sat:11
    the emergency gas is at%95
    also btw your dvds really helped and thank you for the contuned help here

17. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

Then you are good to go. The CS8 is behaving as it should -- and yes, when the throttle is at zero, the motors should be at idle.

Just FYI, the AeroSIM RC simulator has a simulated CS8 -- you can download it for free from aerosimrc.com, but you will need to purchase a USB dongle to use it with your Spektrum controller. If you've never flown a CS8 or equivalent before, it might be worth doing that. A Phantom it ain't. :)

Andy.

18. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

Justin: Just to be clear, when I say the motors are "at idle" I mean spinning slowly.

Also, if it helps you any, when I use Google, I construct search terms with "mikrokopter" as the first word and it usually takes me to what I want to know. For example (and this is just a made up example):

mikrokopter GPS​

19. justin portwood

k i think i got it they are spinning slow but not super slow dont know how to explain it but when i throttle up it (the motors) spin alot faster so i think it is at idle dont see it taking off at that speed, it looks like all the others i have seen when they start up. anyways now i am going to put the props on (not spining lol) and take it out and see what happens i will let you all know
    thank you again for your input and help
    thanks justin
    oh and yes just read your previous post i have been practicing on the areo sim with the cs8

20. justin portwood

one last question to all if i need to set idle lower for my cinestar8 how would i do that in mktools?