/dist/images/branding/favicon

New MR section

Discussion in 'MōVI MR' started by Gary Haynes, Sep 10, 2013.

1. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

This is a place for all MōVI Multi Rotor type questions and suggestions. Whether you are starting with an M10 and converting to an MR or simply running an MR there are differences in how you will configure and use your MR system compared to handheld.

2. Drew Kachurak

Drew Kachurak Member

Gary - I'd love to see some photos of your Movi in the MR configuration!

3. Adam Paugh

Adam Paugh Distributor

Yea! We've been doing a lot of bumping back and forth. So far we've setup: GH3, Red Scarlet, 5D MkIII and FS700 ( as shown in the attached image).

Greetings,
    Adam

Attached Files:

4. Drew Kachurak

Drew Kachurak Member

Have you taught your Movi how to play ping pong yet? :D

5. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

Drew the weather here in Denver has been solid rain since Sunday. So here's what I have done so far. First series shows a balance of the copter. I removed items that used to power my 2 axis gimbal. Found that moving my Iftron Mondo all the way to the back of boom 5 offset the weight of the Navi stack and FPV camera on the front. So the flight deck is perfectly balanced.

IMG_1087.jpg

IMG_1086.jpg

IMG_1085.jpg

IMG_1084.jpg

IMG_1083.jpg

And here's the MR Setup. This is still a work in progress. But it balances perfectly. Mondo is in a temporary mount, battery is what I was using on the copter to power FPV and HDMI. HDMI converter is mounted next to the Mondo. Nothing hooked up yet.

IMG_1088.jpg

IMG_1089.jpg

IMG_1090.jpg

6. Drew Kachurak

Drew Kachurak Member

Looks great Gary! Thanks for the detailed pictures!

7. Kristian C

Kristian C Member

DAMN!! I can't wait till they start shipping the M5s!!! Thanks for the teaser photos Gary!

8. Alex Wheatley

Alex Wheatley New Member

Hey, question for all you people who know so much....
    I've got a M5 pre-order on the spoke, but I don't yet own a cinestar. I've been looking for concrete facts about different set-up possibilities, but so far have come up dry. My plan is to fly a M5 holding a 5Dmkiii. Can a regular 8 handle this? Or do I have to wait for a HL?
    Seems like people are flying M10s on regular 8s, so I would assume an M5 would be just peachy. Maybe you wouldn't get the longest flight times, but probably still decent, right? Do you just need bigger batteries that you drain faster?
    I'm new to all this but want to dive in as quickly and as deeply as possible, if anyone can give me a hand that'd be great, thanks.

9. Adam Paugh

Adam Paugh Distributor

Hello Alex,

We have been flying the M10 with a 5D MkIII on our "regular" Cinestar 8. Details on this kopter can be found here:
    http://www.quadrocopter.com/Custom-CineStar-8-Ready-to-Fly_p_627.html

We are getting good flight times and stunning footage from the 5D. Yes, the M5 will be lighter in weight. However, no official specs. have been released about the M5 so I am presuming based off of the images from Freefly's site. Less weight equals longer flight times!

Greetings,
    Adam

Steve Maller likes this.
  10. Alex Wheatley

Alex Wheatley New Member

Thanks Adam, I really appreciate you laying it out for me. Here's hoping that they shave off a whole half pound for the M5. Expect an order from me soon!