/dist/images/branding/favicon

New Flexible Motor Cables Available

Discussion in 'MōVI M10' started by Austin Glass, Mar 19, 2014.

1. Austin Glass

Austin Glass Active Member

UPDATE (April 21st)
    We now have a supply of our newest design of motor cables in stock and ready to ship. Compatible with Preston, Hedén, Axis1, and virtually any follow focus unit that utilizes 7-pin 1B Lemo connectors on the receiver (most motors are the same connector, so if your receiver has the same female motor port as your motor does, then it's likely that this cable will work).

We have a small supply in stock, and once we slip into backorders, we should have more in June.

New orders of the microRemote-compatible motor cables are expected to be fulfilled in June as well.

The new cable can be ordered from this page.

Full newsletter update is archived here.

Original post:

Hey folks,

Our first batch of cables was very successful, and we heard some very positive remarks about the combo cable we sold in December/January. It was so popular that we actually sold out of cables before we officially took delivery of them, and we even sold the very cable we had set aside for ourselves, because the demand was so high.

We knew we wanted to create a really solid and versatile product line, and be able to make cables for more users (not just those that use the microRemote), so we spent quite a bit of time honing in and developing with the future in mind.

We have two new cables that will be ready to ship very soon. One will be for the Redrock microRemote, and the other will cover more bases, working with units such as Hedén, Preston, Hocus Focus, and others.

The motor cable for microRemote is available for preorder right now, with units expected to ship mid-April. (UPDATE: Expected ship dates for NEW orders has slipped to early May).

The motor cable for the other units is estimated to be about 3 weeks behind the microRemote cable, but exact details are still being nailed down. Signing up for this mailing list will ensure that you get the info as soon as it's available.

In addition, I will be walking around NAB this year, and will have sample cables with me, so if you want to see with your own eyes, hit me up here on the forum, and we can arrange a time to meet.

[​IMG]

This is the cable loosely coiled:
    [​IMG]

2. bevan goldswain

I have just ordered mine!

Thanks for making this ;-)

I am assuming this cable is good to use with the base station mounted to the top bar instead of on the gimbal?

3. Austin Glass

Thanks for ordering, Bevan. Indeed, the intent of making such a flexible cable is to let you relocate the basestation to somewhere up top. :)

4. chris weger

chris weger New Member

Any Cables in the works for a Red Monitor? I find it very annoying on set to continuously plug in the Red touch monitor in order to set exposure/frame rate/iris/ and everything else that the monitor is capable of. Also I am looking for a more light weight solution than our current ac7 to put on the handlebars. Naturally I thought the Red monitor would be perfect but with such a short and rigid cable it dose not seem to be a good choice.

5. Austin Glass

The RED Touch LCD cable has been on our wishlist since before we started making the motor cables. It's a bit more expensive to make, so it wasn't the right thing to make first. Now that we have figured out a lot of stuff we are fast-tracking the RED Touch cable right now. No ETA yet, but I hope to have answers within a few weeks.

6. Adolfo Cantu-Villarreal

We're in for the RedRock FF, looking forward to painless balancing! ;)

7. Austin Glass

Thanks for your order Adolfo. I look forward to getting it out to you soon!

8. Austin Glass

original post has been significantly updated

9. Charles Lim

Charles Lim Member

will these cables work for rt motion?

10. Austin Glass

The RT Motion uses 4-pin connectors, instead of 7-pin, which we do not currently have a supporting cable.

RT Motion does advertise their new motor cables as gimbal-ready, flexible cables.

11. pedro faerstein

Does this cable work for Fstop BFD? are these cables in stock?

Best,

Pedro

12. Austin Glass

The Fstop BFD is using the same pin configuration as the others. Ensure that the motor you are using is also a 7-pin connector of the same size as what's on the BFD receiver. Most motors will be compatible, especially if you are already using them with the BFD.

This is the cable you would want:

http://goo.gl/X3LKVu

This cable is currently in stock and will ship within 2 business days (3 business days for international).

13. Sam Windell

Sam Windell Member

I need this cable for my Axis 1. Tired of bending my motor cable and it constantly fighting against the gimbal. May be putting order in soon, on the fence at the moment. Would buy a RED touch cable from you in a heartbeat too. Is there anyone currently selling a redtouch cable out there? Saw you were coming out with one soon.

14. Austin Glass

Yea Sam, this new motor cable would work well for that very purpose. I still have a couple of them left in stock. We aren't expecting more until June.

At this point, our RED Touch LCD cable is almost ready. We have some testing to do and should have info on availability in 1-2 weeks.

15. Sam Windell

Sam Windell Member

Cool. Just ordered one.

16. Austin Glass

Thank you, Sam. We'll get this out ASAP.

17. Joshua Binder

Joshua Binder New Member

Hey Austin, I ordered one of these and paid for it a few weeks ago, glad you have them in finally but could you send mine along please?
    Thsnks!

18. Austin Glass

Hi Joshua,

I actually have you down for the motor cable for the microRemote, which is not yet in stock. The one that is currently in stock is the motor cable for Preston, Hedén, etc.

The microRemote cable is still backordered. The moment we have our next shipment in, yours will be heading out the door.

If you have any further concerns please follow up with me at austin@slacklinefilms.com

Thanks!