/dist/images/branding/favicon

(Negative difference 3 seconds)

Discussion in 'Cinestar 8' started by Darren Brower, Jan 9, 2014.

1. Darren Brower

Darren Brower Member

Happy new year everyone.
    Well here is a new one for me. I was dialing in my C8 for a big job i was just offered when next week when...
    I suddenly heard a new warning i haven't heard before on my MX20 (Negative difference 3 seconds)
    While this happened i lost control of the copter for a few seconds but regained it again. It only seemed to happen at a certain location at the field i fly at though?
    When i downloaded the gpx file it shows error (7) occurred 47 times but i only heard the warning 3 times and didn't know what it meant.
    The copter never seemed to go into its fail safe mode of stopping, climbing and coming home, or at least it didn't feel like it to me.
    gpx file also says fail-safe did occur 2 times.

I'm attaching the gpx file for your pleasure.
    Thank you in advance for your help.

Attached Files:

2. Chris Fox

Chris Fox Active Member

3. Steve Maller

Steve Maller UAV Grief Counselor

The Error 7 is a loss of connection to the transmitter. In other words, the Flight Controller is sensing that either its connection to the radio receiver is bad, or the radio receiver’s connection to the transmitter is bad. This is very worrisome. I’d check your batteries in your transmitter, and carefully check the connections between the radio receiver and the FC board. And I would absolutely not go back into the air until you’ve managed to suss this one out.

Do you have the latest version of the MK_GPX Tool? This is what I see when I load your GPX file:
    Parallels Desktop-snap001.jpg

4. Darren Brower

Darren Brower Member

Thank you Steve, my version of mk gpx is v 1.3 (nc0.30a) but that file was taken directly off the sd card and it loads fine on my computer.
    I did check connections and they all look good to me, ill check again though. could this also just be a RF interference? This happened at my local AMA field where there have been some reports of people loosing planes and heli's in and around that same location from time to time. I have flown there for the past year though without incident.

5. Shaun Stanton

Shaun Stanton Active Member

Yes RF interference could effect comm signal.

1. WiFi on board
    2. WiFi near by
    other EM fields could disrupt it as well if the frequencies share the same harmonic. Steve is right about the battery levels if the transceiver is on low power then outside influences can exacerbate this more.