/dist/images/branding/favicon

Need some input...

Discussion in 'Cinestar 8' started by Marty Fischbach, Jan 25, 2013.

1. Marty Fischbach

Marty Fischbach New Member

Hey guys. Been lurking in the shadows for a while reading as much as I can. Getting ready to pull the trigger on a C8, and would like any and all input concerning which flight controller to go with. The intent of course is to add the 3 axis radian gimbal once she's flying good. I am currently flying my hex with DJI , and am leaning in that direction. Of course if I do that I guess I won't have Andy's video to help me. I'd love any input from some of you who've been flying this bird for a while.

Thanks,
    Marty

2. Steve Maller

Steve Maller UAV Grief Counselor

Based on my experience, I'm really happy I went the route of the MK stack because of the support it has out there. Not only add-on products, but the superb folks here who (by and large) use the MK stuff. The bleeding edge seems to be leaning towards Hoverfly flight controllers, but there are only a few folks using them right now. That may change moving forward. But I feel like I can get a lot of utility out of the MK stuff for quite some time to come.

3. Josh Lambeth

Josh Lambeth Well-Known Member

I suggest sticking to what you know... If your familiar with the DJI stuff then go with that... If you want to learn a new one, go with the MK. Gary may have some insight about the hoverfly board however... I know it ended up costing him a lot more then the money he spent on the board. :/

Josh