/dist/images/branding/favicon

Need some help after putting toghether my PDB

Discussion in 'Cinestar 8' started by Jean Gabriel Taboada, Feb 12, 2013.

1. Jean Gabriel Taboada

Hi guys,

i just finished sorting out all kinds of I2C err!!! from my pdb, turns out the atmega on one of the bl's was fried and couldnt hold current, so when all 8 bls where conected, it triggered the I2C ERRR!!! while doing the C/D disconect test everything pointed out to be bl number 8, except it wasnt.

so i got it figured out, conected the board the mk tools, no errors, all bl's found, all solid green. put everything back on the kopter, hook it all up, and now bl number 8 has solid green led and flashing red, 3 flashes, but thats not all, bl number 3 will turn the motor but after say 50% it will stop and start intermittently. so thats two more problems, any idea of what can be causing this behaviour? I spent all day troubleshooting the PDB and just cant belevie that something else is wrong.

2. Shaun Stanton

Shaun Stanton Active Member

Do you have any pictures of your PDB that you can provide?

3. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

4. Jean Gabriel Taboada

thanks for the info andy, i had seen that before, but i am afraid muy skills dont go that far, when i saw that the 3 red blinks was phase C i was lost, i have no idea what phase C is, and i didnt go thorugh testing all the bl's throught MK tool because i wouldnt know how to read the errors.

5. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

The BL-Ctrl's determine which way the motors spin and how fast they spin by supplying three phase power to the motors.

I realize that you don't want a tutorial on three-phase power, so I'll cut to the chase: The BL-Ctrl is having problems with one of the three motor power wires. Just as a quick test, before replacing the BL-Ctrl, plug in a different motor and see if that changes anything.

If it does not, then probably the easiest route will be to contact your dealer and have them replace the BL-Ctrl.
    The expensive route is to buy a new Power Distribution Board.

Hope this helps
    Andy.

6. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

Andy if another motor gets rid of error then it would be something in the motor or motor connections/solder point?

7. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

That's my best SWAG**, yes.

Andy

** Scientific Wild-Ass Guess. :)