/dist/images/branding/favicon

Need help with FVP

Discussion in 'Electronics' started by Dave King, Jan 14, 2013.

1. Dave King

Dave King Well-Known Member

I'm using a yellow jacket receiver and the 500mv Mondo stinger. I keep having problems with the antennas on the yellow jacket they kept coming loose and to the point where the center wiring came off the solder joint. I think I'm going to upgrade receivers. I was having transmission issues but I think its because the antennas are messed up. I'm using the Graupner MX20 system, do I need a low pass filter? IF so which one would you recommed?

For replacement antennas I"m going to go with these
    http://www.dpcav.com/xcart/5.8GHz-Bluebeam-Antenna-System-RHCP.html
    Does anyone know which patch cable I need? They are here
    http://www.dpcav.com/xcart/search.p...tegoryid=261&by_fulldescr=on&by_shortdescr=on

They look exactly the same in the picture but one of the cables connects to a RP-SMA connector. Does anyone know which end is on the Mondo?

2. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi Dave:
    I can't find the order history for what I ordered....best thing to do is contact the guy who runs DPCAV.
    His/her name is Abby and the email is support2009@dpcav.com

Andy

3. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

They are SMA. RP-SMA is the wrong type. RP means reverse polarity. Use this SMA to SMA Extension Cable, RG-402 Coax (BlueBeam Extension)SKU: #CESS402-050 for the patch cable. Don't forget to get the correct number of right angle connectors so that you can orient the antennas vertically depending on where you are mounting the transmitter and its orientation.

Or you save bit of money by getting them from www.readymaderc.com. Same bluebeams but already built with the wire and right angle connectors.

4. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

These ones, Gary? Good find -- thanks!

Andy.

5. Gary Haynes

Staff Member

The 5 clover is new. I bought mine individually, they are on the site with right angle SMA already installed.

Also currently playing with a flat directional antenna from DPCAV as the second antenna on the Yellowjacket receiver (Bluebeam on the other side). Here

6. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

That flat antenna should give some good diversity. I just went with two of the Bluebeams and figured the spatial diversity would be good....
    Do you happen to have tested it with just the flat antenna? Curious to see how it performs.

Andy

7. Gary Haynes

Staff Member

Not yet. You have the gloom of Portland while I have bright sunshine and a high of 10. To darned cold. Still in the process of my rebuild but will be testing just the flat panel.

8. Dave King

Dave King Well-Known Member

thanks for the feedback. I talked to a guy at Iftron yesterday and strongly recommended the Vitenna antennas for the yellow jacket receiver that I have since I'm not looking to go further than 750 meters. He said that he didnt' recommend the blue beam antennas for the receiver but recommended the combination of Vitenna's for the receiver and the blue beam for the transmitter. He didn't think there was much difference between thet blue beams for the TX and the stock antenna's but admitted its a popular combo thats having success. He also said it was important to point the antenna on the TX away from carbon fiber.

Here's the links to the Vitenna's http://www.iftrontech.com/product_info.php?products_id=159

9. Steve Maller

Steve Maller UAV Grief Counselor

I got to 450 m yesterday with the Iftron 1.5w transmitter and dual diversity receiver. The image was perfectly clear -- stable without a single bit of static. Forget about dropouts, this was as clear as television.

I'm using the stock whip antenna on my TX and two vitennas on the RX.

10. Steve Maller

Steve Maller UAV Grief Counselor