/dist/images/branding/favicon

Need help to achieve smooth dolly in.

Discussion in 'MōVI M10' started by Charles Lim, Jun 17, 2014.

1. DanDeSilva

DanDeSilva Member

It would be hard to replicate, It was a bit of a lucky break as I didn't think at the time it would come out this solid. I was pinching the handles and tip-toeing with a bit of a hunch back.. Don't know how else to describe it. Don't think I could have done this with an epic or heavier setup, this was pretty light for run and gun.

2. Charles Lim

Charles Lim Member

here's my test
    shot with red epic.
    Hand held for tracking shots of my friend. The POV shot with movi on steadicam and electric golf cart.
    The gimbal is still not behaving perfectly. I cannot tilt more than a certain degree, roll to left side, without the rig vibrating.

3. Kurt Wallrath

Kurt Wallrath Member

Thanks for the tip Dan! I tried in with an Epic a few days ago but it didn't quite work for me, haha.

4. Sean Harris

Sean Harris New Member

smooth!

5. Eric Ulbrich

Eric Ulbrich Member

Hey guys,
    So what I have found that helps when doing a very specific dolly in, out or left and right, is to turn the window and smoothing settings up to a fairly high number in whatever direction or shot your doing. So for a straight dolly in or out I would turn my pan smoothing and window up very high so none of my arm movement will set majestic mode off. For left to rights I find that a high setting with tilt smoothing and window will phase out some of the tilt wiggle when side stepping.