/dist/images/branding/favicon

Nano Tech Batteries

Discussion in 'Batteries & Power' started by Michael comissiong, Mar 3, 2014.

1. Michael comissiong

Hi every one,

I don't know much about these Nano tech batteries , are they any good for flying and how reliable. any info would be appreciated.

Should I just stick with the lipos .

2. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Do you have a link to the specific ones you're considering, Michael?

Andy.

3. Michael comissiong

Hi Andy,
    no not really , I have seen them discussed on some other forums and I am always looking for longer flight times, so just doing some research at the moment. any recommendations?

Thanks

4. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

I would apply the Fifth Law of Thermodynamics, Michael: You gets what you pays for. :) (You may also have heard it as: If something sounds too good to be true, it probably is.)

Personally, I've used the LiPos from Quadrocopter, Freefly, and Maxamps and, so far, I've treated them with respect, not overcharged them, not overdischarged them, and taken them to storage voltage if I'm not going to use them within 72 hours of charging them, and I've not seen any Bad Things happen over the past couple of years.

As far as I can tell, Turnigy nano-Tech's are not available in capacities above 6,000 mAh at 4S, which, for my needs is too small.

Let us know what you find out...
    Andy.

5. Steve Maller

Steve Maller UAV Grief Counselor

What are you currently using, and what is the configuration of your copter (weight, motors, etc.)? And what flight times are you getting now?

6. kjetil tønnesen

Hello
    i have a lot off nanoteck 5s 8000mah for my cs and nothing bad have happened to them or the fligth for many years now,but you get what you pay for,the battery dont hold as good as better battery like the maxamp and genc ace,so no i have to buy new one,so then i rather buy some good batterys like maxamp ,they hold alot longer, longer fligth time also,and you dont get the nanotech bigger then 8000mah 6s after all.
    thanks

Graydon Tranquilla likes this.
  7. Graydon Tranquilla

How do the Thunderpower batteries stack up relative to Nanotech? A friend claims Thunderpower are smaller and lighter for the power output.

8. kjetil tønnesen

i have never used the thunderpower packs ,but i think it is better then nanoteck pack and a bit more expensive too,

9. Dan Walker

Dan Walker Member