/dist/images/branding/favicon

My Vegas Shoot during NAB!

Discussion in 'CineStar Showcase (Photo/Video)' started by Shaun Stanton, Apr 15, 2013.

1. Shaun Stanton

Shaun Stanton Active Member

We did this for one of Tony Hshieh the Zappos Billionare's people that he supporting. Part of a return to community in in my home town of Las Vegas. We flew an authorized gig with permits for Freemont East Studios. When I lived here this was a dump. Now it is the best part of Las Vegas. It is the new home for technical and artistic entrepreneurs, a stark change for traditional Vegas. The footage will be used for a documentary on the expanding project of the revitalization of the "Old Strip." We decided to have a little fun with it:)

2. Steve Maller

Steve Maller UAV Grief Counselor

Great stuff, Shaun. Especially impressed with the telephoto shots.

3. Shaun Stanton

Shaun Stanton Active Member

We were too! We were not sure how this was going to come out. We had an awesome camera on board. We were using a SONY FS-100 using a Heavy 18-200mm lens. The Sony sensor is awesome, it has great dynamic characteristics, its low light performance was great. Its only limitations are that it only produces 1080P, but I think its stability and range make up for it three fold. It was a honker though. Thing is big. The Cinestar got a workout during this shoot. I think I found the maximum weight that I can carry with the MK ESC's. I did get one cautionary temperature 100C on engine 8 the night before. Does make me concerned for the summer, because the OAT was about 75 degrees outside when we shot. Of course this was the first time lugging this much weight in the air. Previously we have been flying 5D MKII's which are a little lighter.