/dist/images/branding/favicon

My CS8 goes crazy when PH is activated

Discussion in 'Electronics' started by Lauri Hakala, Apr 11, 2013.

1. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

Steve I'm on top of the tube. Only change I made was to lift the NAVI/GPS stack up with a 15mm standoff. It is on the FF GPS mount with the motor wires below the mount. Works just fine.

2. Jei Swan

Jei Swan Member

Ok i realized why i couldn't up date every thing i had including the comp soft ware was out of date. but i re flashed every thing and the wobble so far has minimised (still there but im not nervous about it as much) the gps issue is still there. But after talking to the guys at quadro. i am looking forward to the heavy lift up grade cause i am thinking that just replacing the Mk system with the synapse will deff solve the problem ill just have to make due until that becomes available. and if that doesn't solve it then i know its the motors.

3. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

It's a pretty big subject, Steve.
    Do a Google search for:

rf attenuation carbon fiber ​

and you will see what I mean.

I'm not sure there's a single answer as it's going to vary on the specific nature of the carbon fiber as well as the radio frequencies involved. But a quick read suggests that, yes, CF absorbs RF.

Andy.

4. Dave King

Dave King Well-Known Member

Is there any reason you can't run other 7 motors are ran on the outside and boom 1 on the inside? I take it for those that are doing this you don't want to do that because of weight and look of consistency? For a test can the motors be ran on the inside of boom 1 with the rest on the outside?

5. Dave King

Steve topic inside the thread, what are you setting Gyro D to?

6. Dave King

Jason

Another thing to look at really good is CG of the copter. For some reason I notice that if the CG of the copter is off, the copter really over reacts with GPS on. I always fly with 2 batteries, and I mistakenly had the battery horizontal positioning on the battery tray off (batteries were way too close to boom 1) where it made the front of the copter much heavier than the front. As soon as I activated GPS PH I got a similar thing that you described. Best way to check the CG is with MK tools in air. The heavier the copter the more pronounced the CG is to the behavior of the copter. Hope this helps.