MX-20: Using 3 postion switch for tilt (not dial)

Discussion in 'Camera Mount Misc' started by Gary McCready, Jul 6, 2013.

1. Gary McCready

Gary McCready Active Member

One person operator: When I try and use the dial to move the tilt I keep over shooting, up too far then down to far. There is no "beep" like on my DX-8 to tell me my dial is at (or near) mid point/zero.
    I was thinking of using a 3-way switch (switch #4 on MX-20) to move the tilt. Down moves the camera down and mid stops it.
    Anyone else doing this or have suggestions? It was alot easier with the MK.

2. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

Gary the switch should work. If you have an earpiece or some other type of the speaker the rotary's should beep in the mid position. But I do like your idea better. If you do the setup you will be limited to the tilt rate setting and won't be able to vary the rate from what you program into the Radian.

3. Gary McCready

Thanks Gary, I'd rather have a fixed slow tilt then over compensate one way or the other over and over. I do have an earpiece but don't hear the rotary, just the telemetry, which is awesome. I use it and the OSD to monitor battery voltage I think I'll try it and get back to the forum with the results.
    PS Nice name. lol
    Gary in Salisbury, MD USA

4. Gary McCready

Got it setup with the 3-way switch. Just plugged in the USB to tilt Radian, changed the Channel 10 to Control 9, the three way switch and adjusted the Slew rate to 30 degrees from 60/sec.
    Works great, and was what I needed!!! NO more worrying about stopping the dial right in the middle.
    I did learn that the Control 7 and 8 dials beep when in the center, but the control 6 didn't. Not sure why, might be a setting on the MX-20??

5. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

I've not seen anything in the MX20 on why Ctrl6 doesn't beep but that is indeed it's standard operation.

6. Gary McCready

Gary: nice to know it not just mine..lol The guy at Mikrokopter was telling me it should beep, his did. He must a been using 7. I used 6 cause it was closer to the side and easier to use (for me).