/dist/images/branding/favicon

MX-20 throttle spring

Discussion in '3 Axis Gimbal' started by Jose Luis Ocejo, Oct 9, 2012.

1. Jose Luis Ocejo

Jose Luis Ocejo Active Member

Hi to all this topic probably has been touch before in other forums but I wanted to get an updated opinion on the use, or not to use, the left stick throttle spring that comes standard on the Graupner MX-20 the components I have are: CS8 w/ 360CS Gimbal w/ 3 Radian I just recently went from 2 axis to 3 axis have not fly 3 axis yet, until now I been flying 2 axis with a Spektrum DX8 that has no spring on the throttle so what is the general opinion on this feature
    thank you all

2. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Personally, I would remove the spring if you're using it for throttle. I would never want an unexpected throttle movement caused by a spring or some inconsistent self-centering mechanism. That said, for the Spektrum left stick used for a camera control I wish the "throttle" on the Spektrum (or the Futaba 8FG I now use) did have the option for a throttle spring!

Hope this helps.
    Andy.

3. SteveWilson

SteveWilson Member

We use a spring on throttle, didn't for a couple years. There is a risk as Andy says, but we feel the Altitude Hold is just too sweet with that spring in place - no fiddling around with throttle, just turn on AH and let go of the throttle. For us that trumps the danger of unintended lift-off.