/dist/images/branding/favicon

Mx-20 re-maping the sticks

Discussion in '3 Axis Gimbal' started by Jose Luis Ocejo, May 9, 2013.

1. Jose Luis Ocejo

Jose Luis Ocejo Active Member

Hi I need some help I am trying to re do the mapping of the sticks of my MX-20 again due to an issue I got lately with my current dual and single operator setup this is the radios I have:​
    Pilot Radio: Graupner MX-20​
    Gimbal Radio: Spektrum Dx8​
    Im trying to remap the MX-20 right stick channel 3 Nick, and channel 2 Roll TO, work under channel 11, and channel 12 ​
    I am trying to do this so I don't use channels 3, and 2 for the sticks on the Mx-20 since the Dx8 is using those channels to move the pan and tilt of the gimbal ​
    if I do when on a solo flight with the Mx-20, Nick and roll also move the gimbal​
    I started the channel change in the MK Tools, under the Channel tab, then on the Mx-20 under "control adjust" scroll down to input 11 and 12, but I cant find where to turn off channels 3 and 2 ​
    I know this has been discus before and I have don it before but now I cant figure this one out, how are you guys mapping your similar radios setup​
    Thanks o_O

2. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Jose:
    Check out page 206 of the MX-20 Manual, the Tx. Output Swap. I think that will do what you want.

Andy.

3. Jose Luis Ocejo

Hi thanks Andy yes its there Ch 2 swap for output 12 , Ch 3 swap for output 11, then on the bottom Ch 11 swap for output 3 and Ch 12 swap for output 2 it work ........but ....but here is one to scratch your head a weird glitch when I swap Ch 3 the telemetry gets afected where now sensor 2 displays 126 Degrees C sensor 2 is suppose to display the hottest BL if I return Ch 3 to be 3 that sensor comes back to a normal temperature "ahaaa" any ideas

4. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Hmm. That's a new one. I think you may have inadvertently discovered which channel is use for telemetry back to the Tx from the Rx.
    Sorry, I'm afraid I'm in uncharted territory here....I don't know what to suggest....

Andy.

5. Jose Luis Ocejo

Haaa I thought the same well unless some Graupner know it all inside and out person can take a shot at this dilemma I guess its going to be this way:
    2 radios working they bouth use CH 2 and 3 the good thing is that with the Radiant Spektrum overrides the Graupner when both are on
    1 radio working in my case the Graupner MX-20 I will have to change some settings it in the Radiant software so not to use Ch 3 and 4
    I wonder how Josh Lambert or othes with Graupner and Spektrum combinations did it, and I am still looking for other ways to achieve the same thing