/dist/images/branding/favicon

Music

Discussion in 'CineStar Showcase (Photo/Video)' started by Maxis Gamez, Jul 29, 2013.

1. Maxis Gamez

Maxis Gamez Member

Hi Guys,

Where do you guys get your video music from? Is there a website or something similar??

Thank you in advanced!

2. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

Places that have licensed music. TripleScoopmusic.com and dawnmusic.com are 2 that I have used. Partial to Dawn. Also have used some creative commons stuff. Just do a search for royalty free music.

3. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

It's also called production music. E.g. music2hues.com

If the music you otherwise use is copyrighted, don't be too surprised if you get an invoice in the mail for several hundred dollars as an offer to settle the copyright infringement suit. See www.audiblemagic.com .

Andy.

4. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

Or if you post it to youtube they are very diligent in removing videos with recognizable music.

5. Chuck Taylor

Chuck Taylor New Member

I get almost all of my music from 'Audio Jungle'. It doesn't cost much at all for a song, and they almost always have a track that meets my needs. Cost ranges from about $7 - $30 for the rights to a song.

6. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

I think just recently, Google worked out a deal with one or more of the music publishers whereby they will add a "Where to Buy" link to the posting -- the implication being that the compromise is that people will use the music and Google will then use it to help sell a copy of the track. Certainly I've seen those "Where to Buy" links, but I'm not certain why/how they get there.

Andy.

7. Steve Maller

Steve Maller UAV Grief Counselor

You have to be careful with Creative Commons music. It allows for "personal" use (and other not-for-profit uses), but generally does not allow "commercial" use. Just read carefully for each CC thing you use. You're generally better off with the royalty-free packages. They're not recognizable commercial tunes, and the quality is often lower (very electronic, etc.), but are much simpler to include in your work.

8. Maxis Gamez

Maxis Gamez Member

I like Audio Jungle. What categories do you guys use more often?

Amazing and very useful information. Thank you all for sharing!