/dist/images/branding/favicon

Multirotors get together in the USA

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Jose Luis Ocejo, Oct 14, 2012.

1. Joe Azzarelli

Joe Azzarelli Active Member

I am willing to help organize this adventure. Any volunteers for the "co-chairman" position?

NAB exhibits are Monday April 8 through Thursday April 11.
    Perhaps a get-together in the evening on Sunday the 7th? We can pre-plan a "field trip" for Tuesday and confirm on Sunday depending on weather outlooks.
    Before we go much further:
    Tabb or John - is this something Freefly would like to take the lead on? I do not want to step on any toes or create confusion if you are planning something in-house.
    Joe

2. Tabb Firchau

Tabb Firchau Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi Joe,

The tough part for Freefly is we have 2 booths at NAB this year so I think it will be a mad rush to get things setup and in place. I think we could meet up after NAB but very well might be exhausted also based on last years experience.

Let me talk with the team and see what they think. You certainly are not stepping on my toes! Maybe Freefly can sponsor a get together one night that could coincide with the meetup. I know for sure I will be at NAB on the floor during the days.

3. Arthur Vieira

Arthur Vieira Flight Squad

Tabb, Andrea and I will be at NAB. If you need help we could arrange to arrive some days earlier to help with the booths or any other things. Just let me know. :D

4. Josh Lambeth

Josh Lambeth Well-Known Member

I too would be more then willing to help with this. Please let me know what/when/where!

josh

5. Joe Azzarelli

Joe Azzarelli Active Member

Tabb
    Perhaps Art and Josh are on to an idea. A 'get-together' without you would be - not right. If we plan meeting before NAB, then I believe there will be several volunteers to help you get the booths organized.

Joe

6. Jose Luis Ocejo

Jose Luis Ocejo Active Member

Thats a good idea we need an organizer, ok so we all go to NAB where are we doing the multirotor meeting, and if we meet is it a kind of social meeting only or can we also bring gear and do a flying, hands on mini event somewhere in Vegas the europeans do it from time to time and I bet its a lot of fun

7. Tabb Firchau

Staff Member

Hi Guys, I think for me to be involved in any real capacity it would need to be after NAB. Freefly will plan on sponsoring some kind of cocktail or get together where we will have new products to play with and put your hands on. If we can make it work I would love to have a day after NAB where we could all go somewhere and fly so anyone who wants to attend can try things firsthand.

Let me work more on nailing down how this might work best.

Thanks for the offers for help!

Tabb

8. Jim Swanson

Jim Swanson Member

Great Idea...count me in as well.

9. Benjamin Rowland

I've been to NAB in the past - it's quite an event. The past few years I've been so busy that I haven't been able to get out there. Looks like I may need to make it a priority this year! A tip for those that are going for the first time... Wear comfortable shoes! Also, there are deals to be had on the last day as companies are looking to sell their floor demo equipment so they don't have to pack it up.

10. Bill Collydas

Bill Collydas Active Member

Leave your credit cards at home...:D

11. Joshua Fox

Joshua Fox New Member

As long as I get another photo with this cool guy... Seriously though, looking forward to it. Tabb.jpg

12. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

13. Tabb Firchau

Staff Member

LOL!

Ok, so we had a little team meeting and came up with the following options and we wanted to gauge interest:

1. Wednesday night (4/10) - private party at an MGM suite with a balcony (cough cough Micro flying) where we would provide snacks and adult beverages and have new products for you to play with.

2. Friday (4/12) - field trip where interested parties could come and demo new products. If, for example, hypothetically speaking, we had some new cool stuff to play with, you could take turns flying, filming, etc. This would likely be somewhere outside of Vegas and we would try and rent a house for the day or find some other property with acreage. Let us know if you have any ideas or suggestions. Please note that NAB ends on Thursday, April 11th, so this event would be the day after NAB.

If those of you who are planning to attend NAB could chime in with your preference, that would be really helpful so that we can get something reserved ASAP. We want to do something fun, but are looking to provide the best / most useful time possible.

Thanks!

Tabb

14. Matt Barker

Matt Barker Member

OH SNAP!

(Moving things around to stay longer @ NAB)

I hope to see yall there!

15. Steve Maller

Steve Maller UAV Grief Counselor

I'm down for the Friday g2g. That sounds like fun. Thank you, Tabb

16. Josh Lambeth

Josh Lambeth Well-Known Member

I would be game for the Friday gig. Either one would be great though!

Josh

17. Arthur Vieira

Arthur Vieira Flight Squad

Both ideas are great!

18. Jose Luis Ocejo

Jose Luis Ocejo Active Member

I count me in on both too
    how can we help

19. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

Count me in for both.

20. Craig Peterschmidt

Craig Peterschmidt New Member

Sounds great. I can make both events. Please bring extra new toys so we can buy them and take them home!
    I have local (Las Vegas) friends in the film/video business that are great resources for locations and such.
    If there is anything I can help with let me know.
    Cheers