/dist/images/branding/favicon

Multicharger

Discussion in 'MōVI Pro' started by nick midwig, Aug 5, 2017.

1. nick midwig

nick midwig New Member

I don't think anyone makes anything like this yet (please correct me if I'm wrong) but would love to see freefly or someone make a multi charger for the MōVI pro batteries.

Since a lot of my shoots I'm out in the field all day and not swapping batteries on chargers, it would be great to get back to the hotel at the end of the night and put 5+ batteries on charge overnight via a single charger.

Carrying 6 chargers isn't the end of the world but if anyone wants to make some I'll pre order 2 asap. Thanks!

Chris Ray likes this.
  2. Chris Ray

Chris Ray New Member

Love this idea!

3. Graham Futerfas

Graham Futerfas Well-Known Member

4. Graham Futerfas

Graham Futerfas Well-Known Member

Also, I took a small half-size milk crate and bongo tied all the chargers into that. One zip stinger powers the whole crate and they're quick to throw batteries on charge.

SeBaStIaN BArrEtT likes this.
  5. SeBaStIaN BArrEtT

SeBaStIaN BArrEtT Active Member

Like graham, I just put multiple charger in my own case. Pelican 1600 along with a power strip and 10 batteries.

I dunno about the standard charge time, but mine are very quick. Like an hour total for all 11 batteries if I evenly remotely pay attention to the switching (3 chargers total).Otherwise I'd go multicharger.

6. Josh Park

Josh Park Member

I'd say just use a power strip and some zip ties to make your own case.

I made this in a pelican case with Trekpak dividers - cost me $70 for the case, $60 for the dividers, $3 for the zipties and a $1 for the power strip. Allows me to charge 4 batteries at once plus any USB devices such as my tablet and my Mimic Pro.

FullSizeRender 10.jpg

7. sebastian navarro

sebastian navarro New Member

This is what I did. All cabling is hidden under a board and you just need one plug to energize all chargers.

Attached Files:

SeBaStIaN BArrEtT and Becca Ulmo like this.
  8. nick midwig

nick midwig New Member

Hey Guys. Thanks for the replies! All solid ideas.

I've basically been doing the multi charger power strip method for the last few months which definitely works, but I'm looking for a more streamline option. I've seen the pelican packs, but when I'm traveling it either means checking that as a single case, or packing a pelican inside another case which isn't efficient for me when it comes to volume.

Hopefully someone reads this and wants to make something that takes one outlet, one box, and 5+ outputs for MōVI batteries.

I miss being able to charge all my m10 batteries with a jst multi cable... not the end of the world but just expressing interest for those who like to manufacture.

Thanks!