/dist/images/branding/favicon

Movi XL

Discussion in 'MōVI XL' started by Boris, Nov 12, 2019.

1. Boris

Boris New Member

zz

#1 Boris, Nov 12, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2019
  2. Graham Futerfas

Graham Futerfas Well-Known Member

Not sure why you think Support won't listen to you. Yesterday was a holiday in the US, so they may not have been in the office the last three days.

This may be a silly question: Did you try taking Pan up above 1? I've seen Movi get confused with such low stiffness numbers.

Your photos show there might be something else going on, but your video is odd in that you only took the stiffness from 0 to 1.

There are two things I would check if you're getting boot errors: Try booting without the Micro SD card that's in the side of the GCU, and check all your cable connections. Sometimes they can come loose or get pulled out a bit from their seat. This includes taking the caps off the motors and making sure the cables are seated, and even the TSU on the bottom of the gimbal. BE VERY CAREFUL because you can short out the Movi if you don't replace everything right.

Good luck, and definitely check in with Support. Like I said, they've probably been out of office the last several days and may have a lot to catch up on.

3. Boris

Boris New Member

1.We make PAN up above 20 and nothing. We checked all connectors.

NOW with firmware 2.0 we are can't boot Movi with or without sd card, so can't motor's makes on and customize it.

Attached Files:

• 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      110.1 KB
      Views:
  4. Boris,

While it is unfortunate that you are having so many issues with your unit, and are sorry the issue hasn't been resolved yet, there are a few pieces of important information missing from this thread, that need to be mentioned.

We have responded to all of your support emails since October 12th, and even had to contact you because you had not responded to our emails for a month. We have recommend several troubleshooting paths, to help narrow down the cause of the symptoms you are encountering. Though the most important piece of information that we only found out from you recently, that you have not mentioned here in this forum thread, is the reason why your MoVi XL unit is having so many issues...and that is the fact that you took your MoVI XL apart. (See attached image below)

• You provided us with limited information from the start, and avoided answering questions in regard to why you took the MoVI XL apart in the first place, and to what extent the MoVI XL was taken apart.
    • I have attached the photo you recently sent Freefly technical support, to this forum thread, that clearly shows the extent of the disassembly. This is a major piece of information that should have been brought to our attention sooner, and also brought to the attention of the people in this forum thread.
    • If you are going to ask for advice or help on the Freefly forums, or from Freefly support directly, it is strongly recommend that you provide the Freefly forum community with all the facts, and be open and honest about why the unit is having issues in the first place, or else you will be wasting their time, and they will be providing help and guidance based on limited information, and/or false information.
    • While in most cases there is no obvious reason why one is having issues/symptoms, this is why we ask questions, and ask that you follow certain troubleshooting procedures.
    • The above is not meant to embarrass anyone or make anyone feel or look bad. I have been in many situations where I am having problems with my problems with video/film/cine gear, and look to finding the fastest solution, and always try to provide as much information as possible, and answer questions to the best of my ability, knowing that even the most trivial piece of information could help my situation.
    • I am happily taking this opportunity to educate people, and let them know that when contacting Freefly support directly, and/or going on the Freefly forums, there is no reason for you to avoid providing truthful answers to any questions, because we are here to help you, so we can help get you back up and running as soon as possible, and/or determine if the gear needs to be sent back to Freefly for further diagnosis/service.
    • I hope all that read this thread, share this post, and know that Freefly technical support is happy and eager to help anyone that has problems or questions about their Freefly product, but when you purposely leave out important information, and/or not answer questions we have, it makes it harder for us to help you, and only delays you getting your gear back up & running again. This has happened too many times on the Freefly forums and with Freefly Support, so I hope the above information helps lessen the amount of times this happens in the future.
    • PLEASE DO NOT TAKE YOUR MOVI PRO OR MOVI XL GIMBAL APART. If you do, for whatever reason, please provide that important information from the very beginning, so we can better help you.

Thanks,
    Chris
    MXL_apart.jpg

Graham Futerfas likes this.
  5. Graham Futerfas

Graham Futerfas Well-Known Member

Thanks for clarifying, Chris. I knew it was probably a loose cable somewhere. :)

Every time someone says to me that Freefly Support isn't helping them, I have to question what's going on. I've written to you and Bryan for help several times over the last four years, including as recently as last week, and have always, without fail, received a reply within 30 minutes (assuming it's during business hours). Freefly is definitely the Gold Standard in customer service.

Boris, if this is the case, how do you expect them to help you? Obviously something wasn't put back together properly, and the only real way for them to help you is to have you ship the unit back in for repair. I'm not imagining they can troubleshoot this over email.

Chris Harrison likes this.