/dist/images/branding/favicon

Movi Xl on SuperTehno 30 problems

Discussion in 'MōVI XL' started by Mihai Duca, Nov 13, 2018.

1. Mihai Duca

Mihai Duca New Member

Hello guys , I’m experience some unknowns in Movi Xl world wich is new for me . Mounted on a supertehno crane , without a tranquilizer ( because it induced unwanted back and forward movement on the head and also seen in the footage also autotune is so dificult when tranquilizer is on *the side barrels vibrate a lot and make movi overestimate pan stiffness; please explain if i’m wrong but i think i get this problems because i use the flowcine tranquilizer with 60A and no passive-plates and the whole thing is not compressed ) , i get some jiggle , swings , jitter image like a non stabilized head . I’ll attached some footage and some screenshots from movi app . What should i do to fix it ? Please let me know your tips & tricks
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Graham Futerfas

Graham Futerfas Well-Known Member

First suggestion is to change Output (Master) Filter to 1, because any other value overrides the individual filters on pan tilt and roll. Then increase filters or decrease motor stiffness to get rid of the vibrations.

Let us know if that works.

Mihai Duca likes this.
  3. Mihai Duca

Mihai Duca New Member

Indeed , Output Master Filter did that , but also i mount the movi on a flowcine black arm instead of directly on tehnocrane autohorizont and it's a big improvement. I think that Movi cannot correct unnatural movement like vibration cause by tehnocrane and mounting something like gas and springs shock absorber make a "friendly to correct" movements.

4. Nevo

Nevo New Member

I recently bought a Movi XL
    Freefly recommended me to ask this forum because they don’t have a good answer.
    Can I use a sony alpha 7r 3 camera with 600mm nikon lens
    and a me20f-sh canon with 600mm nikon lens
    on Movi XL
    and if so
    What is the best setup for those cameras?
    (cables ,battery ,mounts an extra....)

5. Mihai Duca

Mihai Duca New Member

Well , welcome , i think that movi xl is to big for your configurantion , movi pro should do it but if you got it , use it . First to do , let’s think about weight . The body it’s lightweight and the 600 mm it’s heavier and loger than the body it’self . You will need a long long dovetail plate ( this will limit the tilt because plate can hit the upper part of the gimball) , to succes a barely balance camera . Next you should mount a v-lock battery in the back of the plate to counter balance the huge weight in front of gimbal. You’ll need a lens rod support and some carbon lens rod mounted on a camera plate on your body . And with all that , movi xl and all the gimbals in this world couldn’t do a perfect stabilized shot with that 600mm lens . My advice , it’s not a good idea .

6. Nevo

Nevo New Member

thanks i will try it

7. Nevo

Nevo New Member

Can you send me the links for the items i need to try this setup ?

8. Mihai Duca

Mihai Duca New Member

Before spending money , try something . Get a weight scale , and find the weight of your camera body + lens + other acces. you’ll use . Then grab some wood block ( that used for constructions [​IMG] ) and cut at the same length as the camera configuration . You can also insert some screws in the wood to get the same weight. Fix the top rail ( movi xl acces.) in to the wood , and do some tests. It’s a non expensive try and you’ll get some idea if or how good will work .

You can get a look on all kind of movi accesorii here : https://www.professional-multirotor...accessories-freefly-movi/movi-xl-accessories/