/dist/images/branding/favicon

Movi XL in Atlanta?

Discussion in 'MōVI XL' started by Jarrett Morgan, Jul 15, 2017.

1. Jarrett Morgan

Jarrett Morgan New Member

Hello all,

I am currently on the market to buy a remote head to use on shows and the Movi XL is very intriguing. The last couple of shows I've had the MoSys L40 (a great small head with a massive payload range: Alexa XT with Panavision 11:1, but a bit expensive at 80+ grand) and the Talon (a cheap head, but unimpressed with the construction, design and specifically the backpan compensation). They have been fine for the small moves we end up doing, but as I go forward I would like to own a head that I like using and can really trust as an operator. The Movi XL seems to be an excellent option as it adds stabilization and a bit of modern technology to the weight range of the Talon in a similar price range.

My only fear with the Movi is the speed and usability on set, especially for assistants. The talon and mosys are super easy to set up and use. I would love to be able to check out a head in person and really get a feel for the size and setup of the XL. I contacted FreeFly, but they don't have any demos currently. If anyone is game to let me take a gander at the head I'll buy you lunch, some beer, and we can talk about camera stuff.

All the best,
    Jarrett Morgan
    jpmsteadi@gmail.com