/dist/images/branding/favicon

MoVI won't start...

Discussion in 'MōVI M10' started by Veve Borimov, May 20, 2014.

1. Veve Borimov

Veve Borimov Member

Hi everyone,

Alright so it's my turn to ask if this issue means the MoVI has to be sent back or if I'm missing out on the obvious.

MoVI won't start:

3 green flashing lights
    When controller switched on during the start of the MoVI, the remote controller receiver flashes red lights too
    Unplugged, air dusted connectors and replugged every cable.
    Used a new cable from gimbal control box to the IMU. No change
    Used a new cable from gimbal control box to motor control box. No change
    Camera is balanced
    Movi is on its stand on a flat surface
    Did restore facetory cal, default settings, reset controller. Still no luck.
    Micro SD Card: INIT1 FAIL. Put a micro sd 16GB in the empty slot, nothing changed.

Screen shots of the terminal. The info shows up in this order.
    Everything looks fine no?

Please help? :(

Screenshot_2014-05-20-10-14-30_resized.png Screenshot_2014-05-20-10-14-31_resized.png Screenshot_2014-05-20-10-17-19_resized.png

2. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

Veve try reseating all of the connectors. It appears your systems not seeing the IMU, at least that is my read of the warnings. I'd start with the cable from the puck under the camera mount and check that both ends are fully seated. I'll ask the obvious. If you unplugged each of the cables are you sure that you plugged them back in with the correct orientation? In other words nothing got turned over thus reversing the wires?

Also put the original card back in the unit. That may fix the SD Card Init Fail.

3. Brett Harrison

Brett Harrison Active Member

Yeah be sure that they're fully seated, because they can look like they're plugged in all the way and not be connecting - very deceptive, I know the first time I checked them I just did a visual check and was absolutely certain they were plugged in. You have to use a tool to gently but firmly push them in quite a way. There's very little tollerance in the fitting, making the last bit very firm. (but don't go Hercules on it!)

4. Veve Borimov

Veve Borimov Member

Hi guys! Thanks for popping in and helping out.

Unfortunately, I am positive I've plugged them in correctly. I have 2x MoVI M10 in house and did the exact same excersie on the 'working' one: unplugged the cables and plugged them back in and it works fine.
    I compared all connectors with the working M10 unit i have, and they're all plugged in correctly :(

Gary, what makes you convinced it's the system aint seeing the IMU. On the terminal it says PUCK IMU: OK and Gymbal IMU: OK
    Or is that not related?

Anyway, let me give it one more go on them silly cables :S

5. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

The red items in your last screen shot. Probably time to send an email to support@freeflysystems.com to get some further help. Also video of the startup always help.