/dist/images/branding/favicon

MoVI Shipping Update

Discussion in 'MōVI M10' started by Phil Macdonald, Jul 1, 2013.

1. Phil Macdonald

I don't see how it could be more than about $500 or so otherwise there is no reason to ever buy the M10 if you thought you may one day fly the MoVI. You would just buy the MR version and subsequently buy a radio system for around $500....

From my understanding converting has nothing more than giving the MoVI landing legs rather than handles....this essentially means that all you are paying for is some carbon fibre, I would be slightly upset if this subsequently ran into the thousands ya know!!

2. Carey Lee Coffey

Jim, I contacted you twice with an offer. Did you get my messages? Thanks!

3. Phil Macdonald

At what number are you anticipating 'guaranteeing' delivery before Sept 12th out of interest, considering that as far as I am aware Freefly aren't dictating at what point delivery can be expected for specific numbers. Does anyone know the rough total of pre orders, based on that and the fact that Tabb mentioned that these would be carried out in two months much easier to establish where delivery lies in that two months....

4. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

Phil is right on point. Years ago I was in the airplane sales business. Buyers did this same type of thing with jets that we sold. But the original buyer had a pretty solid delivery date when they placed an order. Usually was met or came in early. Very seldom late due to penalties that were usually in the contract.

5. Phil Macdonald

It is just very difficult to plan ahead really and we are actually in a very similar situation in that we have a feature starting on the 16th September. I appreciate we have moved from 'Q3' which was impossibly vague when talking to potential clients but the actual 15th August date is vaguely irrelevant as there is no way of dictating where you are in this queue. We are #1252....now I am led to believe that means I am number 252 in the queue. Yes all pre-orders are going to be done within 2 months but that means nothing if a total number of pre-orders isn't given. If they have sold 260 units its not looking good, if they have sold 25000 units then we are in lovely shape (as would Freefly be I might add)!! You get my point anyways :) Plus we are based in the UK so I shudder to think the customs issues I am going to have with this :) We have basically said to production if we have it in hand then great, if not we don't....simples!!

That being said we are still very much looking forward to getting our hands on the MoVI....its going to be awesome for the kind of work we do and its going to be great to push into other areas and generally looks to be a lot of fun and incredibly useful.

6. Nils Ruinet

Nils Ruinet Member

jgriffinricker, out of curiosity, you say you're #381, does that mean your pre-order email said #1381, or did it really say #381 ? I'm just trying to confirm that the queue really starts at #1000, and not at #0000. I'm #1271 btw. Would love to know where I stand in the queue and when I can expect to receive the device...

7. Carey Lee Coffey

If you are number 1271, then you will be the 271st person to get your MōVI

8. Nils Ruinet

Nils Ruinet Member

Thanks Carey, has that been confirmed officially ? Now all we need to find out is how many pre-orders have been placed in total ? ;-)

9. Carey Lee Coffey

Yes, it's official.

10. Lliam Worthington

My order number seems to differ from what everyone else is listing. Assuming I'm probably 455 in line?
    Your Order ID is: #F455F89C

11. Gary Haynes

Staff Member

Lliam did you order on the Freefly site or through a dealer? That might be the reason for the difference.

12. Lliam Worthington

So Brad in all the testing you guys have mentioned taking place with red camera's, no one has been using a RED touch? Or just with a significant length of cable to give as much play as possible?
    Definitely my preferred way to operate. Suggestions would be appreciated.

Best
    Lliam

13. Lliam Worthington

Hi Gary,

Here on the site.

14. Gary Haynes

Staff Member

Interesting. Maybe the order number got changed.

15. Tabb Firchau

Tabb Firchau Administrator
    Staff Member

No it is not official?? Who told you this?

16. Carey Lee Coffey

That's what I was told. Never mind. Disregard. Just cross your fingers and hope for the best I guess.

17. Nils Ruinet

Nils Ruinet Member

Tabb, is there a way to know where we stand in the queue, and when we can expect our Mövi to ship (after the 15th of august) ? Would help us to plan things...

18. Garry Clarke

Garry Clarke Member

Hi All. I don't have any answers to the continuing delivery date questions, but by doing some really basic calculations I think Jim should be looking to do a deal with someone with a number under 200 to get a delivery by September 18. I wish I could help Jim out myself, but my 1415 isn't any use to him what so ever.

Based on what we're told, which is all pre orders will be delivered within 2 months of the August 15 delivery start date, and working on a worst case scenario of order #'s for the Movi's starting at #100 [or #1100, which is the other moot point], but for this exercise lets assume they do, Phil has #252 and I've got #415. Supposing that mine is the last to be delivered in that 2 month period, meaning mid October. Phil being 252 will be roughly 5 weeks into the 2 months or mid[ish] September, which is still too late for Jim. So for Jim to be sure of things he needs to find a low numbered person in the 150-200 mark to be super nice and swap with him. Just my thoughts.

Good luck to everyone, and I'll be thinking of you lucky guys who are way ahead of me getting your hands on yours [movi that is] well before I do. Who needs Xmas when you're waiting for one of these.

Cheers
    Garry

19. Lliam Worthington

Hey J. I contacted the guys at FF also, as I've got a feature with impending shoot dates coming up too. And more have been mentioned on the thread like Phil. There's probably hundreds of us. Perhaps more. And lets be honest, everyones next project tends to be vitally important to them regardless of what it is. So I'm just approaching production with a plan A and a plan B.

Without wanting to pour petrol on your fire. I actually think they're acting responsibly myself. What would upset me, is if FF had promised me I would have it by a date, and then something unlikely occurred despite all good intentions, as it can, and I had been banking on it the whole time. I think the window they have given us is reasonable and probably accounts for dealing with any issues that arise. I'd expect they would be hoping to fill all orders with an under promise over deliver attitude. Whereas over promising and under delivering is only ever a recipe for disaster.

Production can be so full on. everyone wants a piece of you. Take a breath, have a beer, I'm sure you'll do a fantastic job anyway mate, forced obstacles leading to opportunities and all that.

Best Wishes

Lliam

20. Lliam Worthington

I don't have 30 days of Steadi, so my plan B is more flexible that's true. Best of luck JGR.