/dist/images/branding/favicon

MoVI Shipping Update

Discussion in 'MōVI M10' started by Phil Macdonald, Jul 1, 2013.

1. Leopoldo Tamargo

I have the same or at least similar
    Hello Tabb

Well done as I am of the understanding that you all knew it might be popular but nowhere excpecting the M10 and MR to be this popular.

I would like to know, since I can't seem to easily find this information anywhere, if the all the parts including radio possibly, to go from M10 to MR and MR to M10 can be had together when I take possession of my MR.

That way of course I will theoretically be prepared for any contingency and not find myself hobbled for lack of a part.

Do you have any information on these parts needed to turn the M10 into the MR and the MR int the M10?

This info alone I think would be very helpful in these devices hitting the ground running. Knowing I have everything I need would take much of my concerns away.

Thank you

Leo

2. Leopoldo Tamargo

Thank you Tabb

Would the conversation to M19 kit/parts include a monitor bracket and any other functional parts, when in M10 mode as well as the other parts needed to truly make the MR an M10 and vice-a-versa?

Thanks
    Leo

3. Tabb Firchau

Tabb Firchau Administrator
    Staff Member

Absolutely, you will be able to fly it on your multi rotor, then a few minutes later be shooting from the ground.

Tabb

4. Leopoldo Tamargo

Now that is really good news. It has ben one of my greatest concerns since I ordered the MR from Quadrocopter, that I would be able to have everything I would need to go from one use to the other without sacrificing any functionality.

I guess I now just need to know how much are the parts to convert my ordered MR to a fully functional M10, and can I get those parts at the same time I get my MR?

Thank you Tabb.

5. Garry Clarke

Garry Clarke Member

Hi Tabb.
    Is the top handle an accessory? If so what's the additional cost and also what other accessories are available, with costs too please.

Cheers
    Garry

6. Phil Macdonald

I am the same as Garry on this one....some sort of accessory list may be useful because of the fact that I am based outside of the US, it would be super useful to bundle it all into one order, with the MoVI being sent alongside any other bits and bobs we may deem useful.

Regards,
    Phil

7. Tabb Firchau

Tabb Firchau Administrator
    Staff Member

Hey guys, the MR includes the top handle. If you ordered an MR you will have everything you need to fly with it and shoot on the ground.

Thanks!

Tabb

8. Garry Clarke

Garry Clarke Member

How about the M10??

regards
    Garry

9. Lliam Worthington

Just echoing Garry, also wondering if M10 has top handle?

Best

Lliam

10. Carey Lee Coffey

I have 2 questions for Tabb and crew:

1. I too would like to know if the M10 comes with a top handle. This seems like an essential accessory.

2. Can I use my RED Touch LCD (instead of a third-party monitor) mounted to the M10 for the operator to use as a monitor and to control the camera, and, if so, what length cable would I need to order from the Red store?

Thanks!

11. Carey Lee Coffey

I have a 3rd question:

3. If the MōVI MR can be used handheld too, then what is the reason for having an M10 at all? I would rather spend 15k on a single device that can capture ariel shots AND be used handheld. Am I missing something here?

Thanks!

12. Brad Meier

Brad Meier Active Member
    Staff Member

I can confirm the M10 will be shipped with the top handle. I find it essential also for most low shots as well as portability.

Carey, as for the RED Touch, the issue would be the cable going to the LCD. Any connection from the camera unit to the handle/mount areas has to remain very flexable as to not disrupt the stabilization of the gimbal.

13. Garry Clarke

Garry Clarke Member

Hi Carey.
    I was thinking this very same thing yesterday. When I get the M10, at some stage in the future I might want to go into aerial work, I need to spend the extra whatever it is to get the right kit to modify the M10 to allow it. But if I understand the info about the MR, it'll go handheld and do everything the M10 will just by REMOVING a few parts. As you say, whats the reason for the M10 then, and should I have ordered the MR instead?? Hopefully someone will be able to advise.

regards
    Garry

14. Brandon Loeser

The main difference between the M10 or MR10 is you do not get the radio controller. The MR10 is without radio... they assume the people buying these have a radio/receiver already and they are upgrading to the MōVI from their existing gimbal. The handheld M10 come with it. The price is the same because FF is throwing in the parts to change the MR10 to handheld. I guess those parts equal to the price of a new radio... which is around $500. Does that make sense?

15. Garry Clarke

Garry Clarke Member

Yep that explains it thanks Brandon.
    And after further consideration, I think there is also the need for the handles of the M10 that need to he added to the MR for a 2 handed operation and not just top handle.

Garry

16. Brandon Loeser

I believe all handles are included in that package as well.

17. Garry Clarke

Garry Clarke Member

So its really only the remote control unit. Hmmm interesting!

18. Carey Lee Coffey

Does this mean I can upgrade my M10 to an MR?

19. Brandon Loeser

Hey Carey,
    It sounds to me like they'll be selling an optional package to do that. It'll have Legs, extra booms, some sort of vibration dampeners and a mounting plate to attach to a copter. With most likely a few other things to do the conversion.

20. Carey Lee Coffey

I wonder what the price will be to do the conversion?