/dist/images/branding/favicon

Movi Pro won't boot, only green LED, errors

Discussion in 'MōVI Pro' started by Eric Girgash, Apr 3, 2017.

1. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Did you guys then re-install the microSD card or operate without it?

Andy

Forensic Software & sUAV / Drone Analyst : Photographer : Videographer : Pilot (Portland, Oregon, USA): Trees=2, Ground=1, Props=11. :(
    The Ground Is The Limit™
    ---------- Forensic Drone Analyst : Forensic sUAV Analyst : Forensic Unmanned Aircraft Analyst : Forensic Drone Expert

2. Kari Ylitalo

Kari Ylitalo Member

I'm having this issue now. Removing SD card does not help, any ideas? I already downgraded to earlier firmware but same problem. What was the reason for you?

3. Nils Ruinet

Nils Ruinet Member

I had to send it back, they fixed the issue (but never told me what was wrong) and it has worked flawlessly since then.

4. Bryan Edmonds

Bryan Edmonds Chief Mōvi Whisperer

Removing the SD card is a good idea. If it has failed, or been filled up with data (if you have data logging on) it can block the MōVI from booting. With that being said, it doesn't need to be installed for the MōVI Pro (or MIMIC) to operate.

A majority of repairs that we do on MōVIs with this condition come in with physically damaged cabling, primarily the cable that connects to the back of the roll beam near the serial number. This damage usually happens where it is exposed, or inside the TSU when people install tilt offsets.

It's important to care to keep that cable from getting twisted and trapped between the roll beam and the frame of the MōVI to prevent it from kinking. Like any cable, once it kinks, it will always bend there, and eventually the internal wiring will be compromised, leading to communication errors and boot failure.

Graham Futerfas likes this.
  5. Trevor Smith

Trevor Smith New Member

Ive had the same problem occur today with my new Movi Pro when I first tried to bind the mimic. I was able to bind on Channel 2 but as soon as it did bind the Movi Pro shut down with a green light, the screen went black, and the motors don't engage. Could only turn it off by taking batteries off. I have contacted Freefly and hoping to get some help tomorrow via email.

6. Trevor Smith

Trevor Smith New Member

Update. Bryan from Freefly has been awesome in getting problem sorted. Contacted me straight away and has got the ball rolling to get my unit returned and replaced. Great customer service.

7. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Good to know Trevor. I'm only a volunteer administrator but your experience has been consistent with mine!

Cheers
    Andy

Forensic Software & sUAV / Drone Analyst : Photographer : Videographer : Pilot (Portland, Oregon, USA): Trees=2, Ground=1, Props=11. :(
    The Ground Is The Limit™
    ---------- Forensic Drone Analyst : Forensic sUAV Analyst : Forensic Unmanned Aircraft Analyst : Forensic Drone Expert