/dist/images/branding/favicon

Movi Pro ring feet wobble

Discussion in 'MōVI Pro' started by jim mundell, Mar 24, 2017.

1. jim mundell

jim mundell Member

Hello, Just got my Pro and the feet are a bit off from each other. Causes the ring to wobble/rock a bit.

One foot tilts up Id say about an 1/8th of an inch higher then the other.

I guess i could ream out the hole a bit on the ring making it sit flatter but then would the feet not lock in? Or add something to the one foot?

Anyone else have this issue? I know its minor but the wobble/rock makes it interesting with a camera package on it.
    Thanks

2. Graham Futerfas

Graham Futerfas Well-Known Member

One of them might be on backwards or upside down, although I'm not sure how that would be possible without them going in different angles. The feet should cause the ring to 'lean' forward toward the lens a little bit. It's possible to have them on backwards and the Ring won't lean.

I think Bryan Edmonds from Support said there was a little bit of tolerance in the thickness of the Ring, and some feet would fit looser while others would be more stiff. Check out this related thread:

http://forum.freeflysystems.com/index.php?threads/movi-pro-ring-feet.8884/#post-75544

3. jim mundell

jim mundell Member

Hey Graham, no they do the correct lean forward and they both fit tight. Im thinking either the hole in the ring is a bit off or one of the feet is a bit off. Guess Ill add something to the bottom of one.

4. Graham Futerfas

Something to consider: it's a $900 ring. If you think something's not right with it, I suggest you contact Freefly support and see if they can offer a solution.

Joshua Coté likes this.
  5. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

I seem to remember Bryan Edmonds posting that the feet are deliberately a bit loose to accommodate uneven ground. Anyone else remember seeing that? I've done some searching on the forum but I can't find the posting. I did find that Bryan reported that some folks have managed to put the feet on backwards...

Andy

Forensic Software & sUAV / Drone Analyst : Photographer : Videographer : Pilot (Portland, Oregon, USA): Trees=2, Ground=1, Props=11. :(
    The Ground Is The Limit™
    ---------- Forensic Drone Analyst : Forensic sUAV Analyst : Forensic Unmanned Aircraft Analyst : Forensic Drone Expert

6. Graham Futerfas

Bryan did indeed say that in the thread I linked above. You have to scroll down a bit but I can't figure out how to link to the exact spot in the thread.

Mine fit tightly to the ring and there's no wobble, but apparently some do and it's by design.

This wobble is not to be confused with your trade-marked Micro-Waggles™. :)

7. jim mundell

jim mundell Member

Hi Andy, The feet are not loose they just dont sit square to each other. One tips up a bit from the other causing it to wobble or rock.

8. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

The best method is just to cite to the message number (in this case Message #5). The message numbers are in small font at the lower right hand corner of each message.

That would indeed be confusing!

Andy

Forensic Software & sUAV / Drone Analyst : Photographer : Videographer : Pilot (Portland, Oregon, USA): Trees=2, Ground=1, Props=11. :(
    The Ground Is The Limit™
    ---------- Forensic Drone Analyst : Forensic sUAV Analyst : Forensic Unmanned Aircraft Analyst : Forensic Drone Expert

Graham Futerfas likes this.