/dist/images/branding/favicon

Movi Pro Pan motor keeps vibrating

Discussion in 'MōVI Pro' started by Jeff Dolen, Mar 26, 2017.

1. Jeff Dolen

Jeff Dolen New Member

Ive balanced my Alexa Mini with Schneider Xenar 3 prime pretty well at all four points. Ive performed autotune and afterwards the pan motor keeps giving a strong vibration about once per second or two. Only way to get rid of it is to turn the pan stiffness down in the app. I have to turn it down almost completely to get rid of the vibration and at that point it barely pans with me. Almost unusable. Is this a bad unit or am I not doing something right? I just received it this week and shot on it today for the first time.

2. Graham Futerfas

Graham Futerfas Well-Known Member

Hi Jeff, what Auto-Tune percentage did you use?

3. Jeff Dolen

Jeff Dolen New Member

I never adjusted it, so I assume the default. Even after auto tune, lowering the pan stiffness to get rid of the vibration resulted in un-ideal results. I'll have the unit back in my hands tomorrow morning to run some more tests.

4. Graham Futerfas

Graham Futerfas Well-Known Member

I think the default is 70%. I suggest lowering it to 50% and see if it's any better. If I had to guess, your Pan Strength should be in the neighborhood of 80-120 for a medium-weight load like that, but the AutoTune also affects the filters.

If you're getting buzzing and no amount of lowering the Pan stiffness gets rid of it, there are a few things:

First, make sure everything on your camera and Movi is super tight and latched down. Make sure you don't have any loose bolts or latches. Go over the whole rig -- that can often be a source of the problem.

Then you could try increasing the Pan filter a bit and see if it helps. Also, AutoTune with the Ring on a surface with a bit of grip, like carpet and not hardwood, and maybe keep a hand on it if that's how you're using it.

If you can make a video of your problems when you have the rig available, I suggest documenting it, because if you end up contacting Freefly Support for help, they'll likely want to see what's going on.