/dist/images/branding/favicon

MoVI Pro not Responding to Pan

Discussion in 'MōVI Pro' started by Chris Perez, Jan 18, 2018.

1. Chris Perez

Chris Perez New Member

I've tried adjusting the Window and Smoothing to the lowest possible settings, and it doesn't want to pan. At a loss trying to get this thing together and I feel like I may be overlooking somethings.

2. Graham Futerfas

Graham Futerfas Well-Known Member

I'm going to ask for all your settings, but maybe you can screenshot them and post them, especially under Tuning, Advanced Tuning, Majestic, Dual Op, and General Main and Expert. That would be easier.

First, what is your Pan Window and Smoothing? In fact, let me suggest a Window of 3 and smoothing of 7 to start. A Window of 0 can cause problems for you, apparently.

Also, under Tuning, what are your Motor Stiffness and Filter settings? I could suggest some places to start, or just do an AutoTune.

What is your Max Control Rate set to? I think default is 200. If it's a really small number, that could be a problem.

Make sure you didn't engage the Timelapse mode somehow by accident.

Do you have any Dual-Op controllers connected? Mimic? Movi Controller? Wheels? Turn all those off if so.

If all else fails, go under Monitor->Status->Open Terminal->Reset Controller and Load Defaults.

But please post your settings here first, which will help us get a look at what's going on.

3. Chris Perez

Chris Perez New Member

Thanks for looking into this.. This is a handheld rig with no Dual-Op, so no Mimic or anything that I know of is connected. I noticed that it kept bringing up a prompt that I was in Time-lapse mode, so every time I proceeded to exit, the rig would shoot to the left.

And currently despite it being in a position in which it's thinking pointing all the way to the left is "home-base," the parameters that I set for it seem to work. (ie. as an extreme i set the window to 90 degrees and it was able to pan, and even tilt with no problem.)

So now I think I'm running into a whole new problem.

Attached Files:

• 8.png
      8.png
      File size:
      56.7 KB
      Views:
    • 7.png
      7.png
      File size:
      59.6 KB
      Views:
    • 6.png
      6.png
      File size:
      41.3 KB
      Views:
    • 5.png
      5.png
      File size:
      40.3 KB
      Views:
    • 4.png
      4.png
      File size:
      51.3 KB
      Views:
    • 3.png
      3.png
      File size:
      52.3 KB
      Views:
    • 2.png
      2.png
      File size:
      53.5 KB
      Views:
    • 1.png
      1.png
      File size:
      132.1 KB
      Views:
  4. Graham Futerfas

The back of the Movi will line up with the latch on the toad in the hole. If you latch it to the side, the Movi will point to the side.

5. Graham Futerfas

If time lapse is running, it will interfere with Majestic. You need to stop timelapse if you enabled it.

6. Chris Perez

Chris Perez New Member

That was absolutely it. Some how the placement of that was overlooked. Thanks so much for the speedy information!

Graham Futerfas likes this.
  7. Graham Futerfas

Glad it helped.

Now stay tuned for Andy or Gary to tell you to change to using your real first and last name instead of a handle. They're kind of a stickler about it around here. :)

8. Chris Perez

Chris Perez New Member

Thanks for the heads up!

9. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Sticklers'R'Us. But Graham beats us to the punch -- he's way ahead of his time (and my timezone, I think!)

Andy

Forensic Software & sUAV / Drone Analyst : Photographer : Videographer : Pilot (Portland, Oregon, USA): Trees=2, Ground=1, Props=11. :(
    The Ground Is The Limit™
    ---------- Forensic Drone Analyst : Forensic sUAV Analyst : Forensic Unmanned Aircraft Analyst : Forensic Drone Expert