/dist/images/branding/favicon

Movi Pro no action during/ after update

Discussion in 'MōVI Pro' started by jim mundell, May 4, 2018.

1. jim mundell

jim mundell Member

Need some help. Did an update on my Movi Pro and after it said I need to update the bluetooth firmware which I did, now my movi sits limp with a green light on the back and app says connection pending. What happened how do I remedy?

Also I never pulled focus from the controller always second person using something else. After updating the controller prior it moved the focus motor for a second then said no connection to FIZ. Hence me updating the Movi Pro firmware.
    Been 20 mins no change, so I am guessing it is not updating itself. Thoughts? Thanks.

#1 jim mundell, May 4, 2018
    Last edited: May 4, 2018
  2. jim mundell

jim mundell Member

Update. Tried holding down button one final time and it finally reset and was able to restart. No idea why it didnt on the first couple of tries. Please delete this post. Thanks.

3. Graham Futerfas

Graham Futerfas Well-Known Member

Did it finish the firmware update?

4. jim mundell

jim mundell Member

Hey Graham, It did. Had to do it twice for some reason but it all seems to work fine.

Since I have you on here. I am now noticing if I pan fast and release the joystick that the Movi will pan back a bit once it stops. Didnt notice that prior to update but it may have. Any thoughts on why and how to remedy? Slower joystick movements won't do it.

Also still having the Movi Pro dutch when I touch the zoom rocker on Controller. Have another thread that i am going to circle back on to follow up on that.
    Thanks Jim

5. Graham Futerfas

Can you screenshot some settings for me? Specifically all your Dual Operator ones in the app, and probably a bunch of your Movi Controller settings?

So let me understand: You're getting bounce-back when panning using the Movi Controller joystick? Settings in the App that can affect accuracy are Smoothing and Remote Rate Scale. I'm not an expert on the Movi Controller, but I know it has a deep set of menus that can be confusing, but it's likely you can solve your problem(s) by going through them.

6. jim mundell

jim mundell Member

Yeah Im no expert on it either with little time to figure it out. I messed with the smoothing and it was there no matter how much smoothing I put in or took out.
    Have to look at the remote rate scale. Thats a new one for me.

I haven't had to whip pan much with controller so maybe its been there the entire time. Will keep looking into settings.

Thanks. Hey if you get a chance head on over to my thread about my zoom rocker making the Movi dutch roll. I couldn't find a setting to assign anything to the zoom rocker. Not sure if someone mapped roll to the zoom rocker without me knowing on a job.

7. Graham Futerfas

What is your heading assist set to? None?

8. jim mundell

jim mundell Member

Yes none. Went thru the different settings of that. Same results.