/dist/images/branding/favicon

Movi Pro/Movi Controller FIZ Motor Bug

Discussion in 'MōVI Pro' started by David Beard, Jan 24, 2017.

1. David Beard

David Beard Member

Hello,

Having some issues with the fiz motor control on the movi pro in combination with the movi controller. I have posted a video below with more detail about the issue.

I was having this issue running TSU 1.0.3, and it was recommended to try out the beta FW, as there was some bug fixes for FIZ control with the latest update.

Basically, the lens stops and the knob stops are not aligning, and the lens will fly all the way to the other end of the barrel when the knob is turned too far in one direction.

I'm not sure if this should live in the Movi Pro section, or the Movi Controller section, so I'll post in both. If this isn't correct, please feel free to remove from the duplicate page.

Thanks

Dave

2. Stefan Helborg

Hi Dave

It seems mysterious. But you're right. It could indicate that its values are offset and therefore read the wrong values. Very annoying, I must say.

Have you tried to write directly to support support@freeflysystems.com, because I would think that they will have your controller in to look at it.

3. Bryan Edmonds

Bryan Edmonds Chief Mōvi Whisperer

We actually sorted out Dave's FIZ issue by doing a manual re-cal on the Focus Knob. You can find the instructions for this in the MōVI Controller User Manual, on P30 in the section titled "Calibration".

David Beard and Graham Futerfas like this.
  4. Stefan Helborg