/dist/images/branding/favicon

Movi Pro - Bouncing camera - help please

Discussion in 'MōVI Pro' started by Steve Saxon, May 27, 2020.

1. Steve Saxon

Steve Saxon New Member

I've had my Movi pro for about two years... long story, didn't use it for about eight months.

back into it. Setting up today... having trouble with camera bouncing with a simple walk. Did the update on the app to 1.5v

Not sure how to eliminate the bounce. I do have a Ready Rig. But just testing without the ready rig...
    the camera should not bounce this much. Up and down is what I mean. It is a little heavy with the current load.
    Balance is good. Autotune did great. no other issues. How can I make adjustments with app to stop the bounce??

Attached Files:

2. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

I know this may sound silly, Steve, but I have to ask -- are you bending your knees when you walk -- the problem is that the Movi Pro can only remove rotation about an axis -- no motion along an axis -- so if you happen to be bobbing up and own vertically as you walk, the Movi Pro cannot remove that motion; it has no physical means for doing that.

Apologies if I'm preaching to the choir, so to speak, but the symptoms you describe are precisely what happens if you do bob up and down as you walk.

Cheers
    Andy

Forensic Software & sUAV / Drone Analyst : Photographer : Videographer : Pilot (Portland, Oregon, USA): Trees=2, Ground=1, Props=11. :(
    The Ground Is The Limit™
    ---------- Forensic Drone Analyst : Forensic sUAV Analyst : Forensic Unmanned Aircraft Analyst : Forensic Drone Expert

3. Steve Saxon

Steve Saxon New Member

Thanks, Andy for the help.
    No, I do not been my knees when walking... I just been testing a new rig setup and was noticing the bouncing. I was able to reset and have success with eliminating it... but wanted why and how to stop it. For my upcoming shoot, it should be fine. But in the future when faced with something more rambunctious I wanted to know if there is something in the app that helps trim or eliminate any bounce.

4. Ryan Forte

Ryan Forte Member

Hard to tell without a video. Having the tilt height on your rig propperly setup is incredibly imporant. Your rig could be balanced bottom heavy and still sit flat like that. If the Tilt height isn't propperly set than you could introduce a lot of problems holding position on the gimbal is a big one.

I saw you mentioned updating firmware. After updating firmware you have to retune the gimbal it will reset all tuning settings. Also sometimes after power abruptly cuts out you could loose your tuning settings.

1. Check Balance - Especially Tilt Height you need to achieve a neutral balance and should be able to rotate the roll axis 45* and it should sit still or have little moment.

2. Check Tuning Settings- Retune if you feel soemthing is not right.

3. Check all Movi Expert Settings - if you think something is not set correctly factory reset to the default profile and retune the gimbal.

4. Check your majestic settings - if you don't understand what the settings do for you and how they should be adjusted for different focal lengths and shots do your research and experament to find what you are comfortable using.

5. Keep in mind that you are running a Handheld Gimbal and even with a ready rig you are not going to achieve the smoothness in your Z Axis (Vertical Movement of the camera) that you would with a steadicam and experience operating. Also focus on your footsteps, knowing how to propperly move with the camera is everything. You can fill a glass of water to nearly overflowwing and hold it as you would move with the camera to see how much influence you have on the camera as you move through space especially with a heavier camera package.

5. If none of this works contact freefly support immediately.