/dist/images/branding/favicon

Movi Pro - Batteries Dying in sub 5mins

Discussion in 'MōVI Pro' started by Adam Howden ACS, May 16, 2019.

1. Adam Howden ACS

Adam Howden ACS New Member

Hi All,

I've recently purchased some Alpha Wheels and have been setting them up with my Movi.

I have 6x Movi Pro Batts.

I'm running off the rig an Alexa Mini, Teradek Bolt 500 Tr and the Alpha Wheels SBUS.

1 set of batteries seems to give me normal performance, say 40mins run time with the wheels.

The other 4 batts just run out in like 5 mins, won't boot etc they just drain and drain really quickly.

Has anyone come across something like this?

2. Graham Futerfas

Graham Futerfas Well-Known Member

Yes, unfortunately the Movi Pro batteries eventually start to sag and not hold up. This can be due to age, not letting them sit for long enough on the charger so they can "balance", or storing them at full charge. They're LiPo batteries, so they need some care.

How old are your batteries?

I eventually replaced my Movi Pro batteries with DJI TB50's and bought adapters from Ignite Digi. You get double the capacity, and the batteries will self-discharge to storage mode after a couple of days. They're about 1 lb. heavier, but I've never really noticed the extra weight in my day-to-day. I'm not putting my Movi Pro on a drone, though.

If you decide to switch -- it can be an expensive initial investment -- I suggest getting Ignite's version of the adapter with Lemo outputs, and have them make you a Lemo to D-Tap cable that can give you an additional D-Tap port straight off the battery. This can be handy for some Follow Focus MDR's that won't power through the Movi Pro's accessory D-Taps because they draw a bit too much power. It will be a DTap that delivers 26 Volts instead of 12-15V, so you need to be careful what you plug in there.

Ben Ruffell likes this.