/dist/images/branding/favicon

MoVI Pro 2 Suggestions

Discussion in 'MōVI Pro' started by Kurt Wallrath, Sep 30, 2019.

1. Kurt Wallrath

Kurt Wallrath Member

Hey everyone,

With a new MoVI bound to be in the works, what features, updates or additions would you like to see. Here’s my wishlist:

-Mimic Pro 2 has no pan drift (drift could be eliminated by giving the brushless motors a way of identifying their position relative to where they are in their rotation. So if the accelerometers and satellites say 0 movement then if the brushless motors mark is at 0 degrees and changes to 1 degree it knows it’s moving and stops)
    -Mimic Pro has more 1/4-20 mounts on it
    -Integrated FIZ can be bound with third party wireless follow focus transmitting knobs
    -beefier batteries. Maybe call them MP50’s
    -removable battery module to be able to control power away from gimbal or power camera or other accessories if the gimbal isn’t needed. This module should have 1/4-20 and rod options for it
    -Quad/6-way Charger
    -Battery life indicator on all pages of the gimbal GUI
    -indicator shows motors paused on GUI
    -P-Taps can handle more power being drawn from them
    -P-Taps
    -push pan and push tilt (like smooth lock but the ability to control pan and tilt after manually forcing the gimbal to the desired angle)
    -adjustable tilt offsets
    -the return of roll offset (like on the M10 and M15)
    -revised “toad in the hole” attachment system (like the dovetail system on the MoVI XL) so gimbal doesn’t fall straight down if the “toad in the hole” system fails
    -contacts on the revised attachment system so power and data can be communicated from the ring to the gimbal and vice-versa to eliminate cables
    -lockable axis like on the MoVI XL
    -independently lockable axis while being able to control other axis
    -ring comes with attachment system at the top and bottom so shooting in inverted mode is easier
    -the ring can be broken down into 2 parts (like a competitor who’s name I won’t say but rhymes with Schmonin Schtoo)
    -ring feet can be swivel out of the way or to the other side
    -Smaller MoVI Controller with large joystick and lots of 1/4-20’s on it

Please feel free to add to this list. I’m sure FreeFly would love to hear from you also!

Alejandro Selman likes this.
  2. Steven Deneault

Steven Deneault New Member

The ability to put on bigger camera packages/lenses without counter weights and stronger motors so the gimbal can pan/tilt/roll faster without overshoot. Which would also allow for a slight improper balance to be negated by motor strength.

Kurt Wallrath likes this.
  3. Art Sanchez

Art Sanchez New Member

I'd love to see options for different undustry standard quick release plate systems built in, like ,Manfrotto 501 series, Arca Swiss, etc. It a shame to have to screw the quick release system on top of the existing one as we limit the space for the camera

4. Kurt Wallrath

Kurt Wallrath Member

Tabb, Freefly, any updates on this?

5. Serkan Levent

Serkan Levent New Member

Good wishes. Does anyone live in Freeflysystem read them? :)
    I wish they would fix the software that is in beta first, listen to us and fix the bugs.

Almost the entire project is half and incomplete.
    Movi Pro and XL are in beta software.
    What's new in Mimic?
    What happened to Carbon?
    The M-series is dead.
    Who cares about Astro?

Hoping to be more professional.

6. Graham Futerfas

Graham Futerfas Well-Known Member

I agree, the Movi project seems dormant. I work with the Movi XL pretty frequently, and it's a good remote head, and I even use My Movi Pro not too long ago, and it's excellent if you have a lightweight camera. and a bunch of 3rd party accessories to help it out.

One theory I have is that Astro may fit well into the US government's needs, and that's far more lucrative than film production. The US decided to not allow foreign made drones in their contracts, although they may be trying to walk that back a bit, but Freefly is uniquely positioned to step in to that market.

Kurt Wallrath likes this.
  7. Kurt Wallrath

Kurt Wallrath Member

I think you hit the nail on the head, Graham. I’ve heard some industry chatter about Freefly’s government contract and I think you’re 100% correct.

Tabb, FreeFly, why not split up the company into 2 companies. One for film and one for government contracts. And then hire a CEO (Chief EXECUTIVE Officer) for the film division, who will be dedicated to growing the FreeFly brand and their product line. There’s no good reason all these 3rd parties have popped up making parts for the MoVI gimbals.