/dist/images/branding/favicon

Movi pan lock?

Discussion in 'MōVI M5' started by Ryan Salyer, Apr 10, 2014.

1. Ryan Salyer

Ryan Salyer New Member

Hey all, playing around with the movi and all the configuration settings and I'm overjoyed by how awesome this thing is. One quick question. Have any of you guys found a way to lock the pan so that when I turn the movi left and right, the camera turns left and right at a 1:1 ratio. Thanks!

edit: I've already tried setting pan window to 0 and pan smoothing was dropped down to 3 before it starting oscillating. I'm curious if attaching zip-ties to the handle and pan arm to lock it down would work or if it would be intrusive to the stabilization?

2. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Just to confirm: you want (at least for Pan) to disable the MōVI's capabilities, right?

If so, I don't know of any way of doing that...you might need to email to support@freeflysystems.com -- I would certainly NOT use cable-ties as you'd be restraining something that is going to be trying very hard to move! :)

Andy.

3. Brad Meier

Brad Meier Active Member
    Staff Member

The closest you can get to unstabilized handheld type footage would be a pan window setting of zero and a pan smoothing setting of 2 or so. But with settings that low you are essentially eliminating stabilization in the pan axis

4. Ryan Salyer

Ryan Salyer New Member

Andy - Yes, thats exactly what I'm trying to do, and yes, I don't want to make those motors work against the ties.

Brad - Thanks, that's what I did.