/dist/images/branding/favicon

Movi MR weight limit?

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Chuck Taylor, Apr 9, 2013.

1. Chuck Taylor

Chuck Taylor New Member

I plan to pre-order the Movi MR gimbal as soon as possible, but the main concern I have is that I cannot find any information on any of the websites regarding the weight it is designed to carry. I understand that those handheld models have a M5 and M10 model option for 5 and 10 pounds respectively, but what about the MR for flying? I use the RED Epic on virtually all my projects, and I want to be sure that it will support the RED right 'out-of-the-box'. Of course with the current generation of FreeFly 3-axis gimbals, there are adapter pieces which were necessary to get the CG correct. So I'm curious if Tabb or anyone else with this knowledge could let me know 1) What is the carrying capacity of the Movi MR, and 2) Will it accommodate, and properly balance a RED Epic out of the box?
    Cheers.

2. Jason Smoker

Jason Smoker Active Member

hey chuck this was taken from another thread i saw

An update. The first model to rolled outside the M10. For use with cameras up to 10 lbs. it does not use Radians. There is a "control box" withe eh gyros etc, which connects to an IMU which I turn controls the brushless motors. Boxes are the size of a small package of wooden matches it you remember those.

The M10 is setup for handheld use like you see in the Movi video. By removing the handle unit it can attach the CS star plate. Or to the deck of the Tero RC dune buggy or anything else you can think of attaching it to.

There will be a website doing up in the next, 24 hrs if it isn't already up,for pre-orders. First come basis. $3000 refundable deposit to secure a place in the queue. First shipments in about 90 days. Price of the M10 is $15,000 and will be sold direct by Freefly.

Next up is an M5, 5 lbs and a future of an M20 for up to 20 lbs.

3. Chuck Taylor

Chuck Taylor New Member

Well brilliant. 10 lbs will be plenty for a stripped down Epic. My only hope now is that good CG will be obtainable without any adapters and such. I sent in my email to get pre-order info via the Freefly website. I assume I should get something in the near future for putting in the deposit.

Thanks for some clarification on this. So excited!

Cheers.

4. Brad Meier

Brad Meier Active Member
    Staff Member

Chuck, we have one with an epic here at NAB. Ill try to snap a photo for you tomorrow

5. Jason Smoker

Jason Smoker Active Member

6. Chuck Taylor

Chuck Taylor New Member

Hi Brad. Thanks, I'd love to check it out with the RED on board and balanced.
    Jason thanks for the link. It appears to be similar information to before, but at least verifies that the MR is essentially the M10 for flying.

7. Chuck Taylor

Chuck Taylor New Member

Well, the pre-order has been made. Looking forward to seeing the photo with the Epic on-board. Cheers.

8. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

Red, depending on lens is good. 10 series is 10 pound payload.