/dist/images/branding/favicon

Movi MR quick release solution?

Discussion in 'MōVI MR' started by Bryan Harvey, Dec 22, 2013.

1. Bryan Harvey

Bryan Harvey Member

Has anyone come up with a good quick release to disconnect the Movi MR from a Cinestar 8 for easy conversion to handheld use? I have a shoot coming up where I will need to switch back and forth throughout e day.

2. Ozkan Erden

Ozkan Erden Distributor

Bryan,

Check the allieddrones quick release system. I'm using it and quite happy with it.

3. Sam Donaghy Bell

Ozkan,

I've had the MR kit for months now but have only been using the MoVI for handheld use up until now. How in Gods name did you get the bugger on to the allied drones QR? Every logical thing I've tried always ends up on something fouling on something else.

I'm using the
    Echo" Anti Vibration Quick Release

I wonder if you could post some photos? I'm probably being very stupid. My problem is the 4 small screws that attach the MoVI to the circular plate.

Really appreciate any help!

Thanks,

Sam
    CC

photo 1.JPG photo 3.JPG photo 4.JPG photo 2 copy.jpg

4. Ozkan Erden

Ozkan Erden Distributor

Hello Sam,

See the attached photos. It's not mounted on Movi but it will give an idea. It works perfectly. (I use different vibration absorbers; so I'm using longer spacers)

I can see that you're following the pictures over Allieddrones but I don't see any reason to screw over the vibration absorbers. Mine's work perfectly.

Let me know if it doesn't work out.
    20131228_214804.jpg
    20131228_214830.jpg

5. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

Sam there should be some short standoffs that go between the plate you have mounted to the MōVI and the bottom plate of the Allied Drones plate. Take a look at the photos on the Allied Drones site and you can see them pretty clearly or in the side shot from Ozkan (his it mounted to the old servo based system).

6. Bryan Harvey

Bryan Harvey Member

So, it looks like we still need to "invent" something that would allow you to unclip from the multirotor, and then clip directly onto the top handle for handheld use. Unless I'm missing something, this echo plate would still need to be removed by unscrewing screws with a tool etc...

Any one with more hands-on experience have a way to do this yet? Fiddling with tools and screws is what I'd like to eliminate during the changeover.

7. Sam Donaghy Bell

Hey folks thanks for the replies. If you look at the last photo I posted the four holes there are what will be receiving the quick release. Anything that I screw through it will foul when the movi pans. I'm thinking I just need spacers as Gary mentioned. It just doesn't seem too intuitive the way the rest of it has been.

Thanks,

Sam

8. Angus Benson-Blair

Angus Benson-Blair Active Member

Hi Sam, I hope things are going well for you (we met when I did some training with you). I have my Echo plate working without a problem including being able to use the hand held handle with it. Admittedly it is the Skyjib plate but there shouldn't be any problems- I'll try and get some photos of how it is mounted later today.
    Angus

Bryan Harvey likes this.
  9. Angus Benson-Blair

Angus Benson-Blair Active Member

Ooh, just looking at your photos, I thinik your clamps are on the wrong side of the plate. They should be on the same side as the smaller plate the idea being that this smaller plate sits on top of the rubber balls with stand offs running through to the circular plate on the Movi. Ill get some photos later to better explain.

10. Sam Donaghy Bell

Angus, hi!

Yes I remember. I got sorted actually, I was being tired and stupid. Photos would still be interesting to see. I'm in the middle of cutting a plate and some bars to allow me to keep the quick release on too. I haven't figured it all out yet so it would be interesting to see what you've done!

Thanks a mill,

Sam

11. Bryan Harvey

Bryan Harvey Member

Hi Angus,

Photos would be very helpful to me as well regarding clipping into the handheld handle. Did you just buy some extra 15mm rods and somehow rig them to the handle?