/dist/images/branding/favicon

MOVI MR for Single Operator

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Michael McVay, May 21, 2013.

1. Michael McVay

Michael McVay Active Member

Does anyone know how the Movi MR would function for a single operator? Obviously with only one transmitter it would probably not be able to pan and it looks like in Majestic Mode (as far as I have seen) the tilt would not be able to be manually controlled.

I have heard of people being able to control 2 receivers with a single transmitter - not sure how reliable it has been for everyone - so maybe that is possible. I'm guessing an upgrade to the MC32 from the MX20 might be necessary to get enough channel???

Curious to know if there would be a function to bring the camera back and lock it to the boom one position for those of us who use our video downlink as our FPV camera as well.

If anyone who has seen a MOVI at NAB or has talked to FreeFly about this knows anything I would love to hear about it.

2. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

Michael it would be operated exactly the same as a setup using Radians. So if you have a 3 axis gimbal today and you are operating single operator with a second receiver on the gimbal then with the MōVI you would attach the output of the gimbal RX to the MōVi.

The pan is the same as the 3 Axis with the landing gear moving with the MōVI gimbal. So you can lock it in position as it is done today. The photos I have seen usually seem to have a velcro strap looped around the rear gimbal boom and boom 5.

I run single operator on a 2 Axis and upgraded to the the MC-32 to be able to do tilt more easily with the sliders. My video is on a switch so that I can see my FPV camera or switch to the Nikon for a quick view of framing. MX-20 would be a good choice a bit less expensive though the price of the MC-32 has dropped.

3. Michael McVay

Michael McVay Active Member

Thanks Gary.

I am a single operator with a 2 axis gimbal now so I am unfamiliar with how the single operators are using the 3 axis gimbal. I have not gone down the Radian path and was going to order a second gimbal with them installed and keep the existing one for a back up and balanced for a different camera, but with the Movi coming, I think I am just going to do that instead...thus the questions about how it can be used in a single operator setting.

I currently use an MX-20 but thought the MC-32 might give me more flexibility with channels and operating a MOVI as a single operator.

Are single operators with Radians installed running out of channels on an MX-20 (changing modes, triggering cameras, Sony Lanc controls, tilt, pan, lock to boom one, plus AH, PH, CH, voice announce repeating, etc)

Thanks.

4. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

Yes I ran out of channels and the right type of switches with the MX-20 so that's why I upgraded.

5. Angus Benson-Blair

Angus Benson-Blair Active Member

There is one type of TX that allows two RXs to be controlled independently- the Jeti DS-16 (or the DC-16). It works because the TX has two independent TX modules built in. This is not a cheap radio but it is probably one of the best, and safest radios on the market. I use it for a genuine dual redundant system ie I can completely unplug either of my 2 RXs on my Skyjib and control is still perfectly maintained.