/dist/images/branding/favicon

Movi m5 shakes during the steps

Discussion in 'MōVI M5' started by Łukasz Wójcik, Aug 7, 2017.

1. Łukasz Wójcik

Łukasz Wójcik New Member

Hello,
    I film movi m5, sony a6500 and 19mm lens. I try to reduce visible shakes of the steps. Is the one you see in the movie normal? Will any changes in settings help?
    a sample -
    Regards

2. Jason Smoker

Jason Smoker Active Member

AS the great "Andy Says"

Do bear in mind that the physics of the MōVI is such that it cannot remove vertical motion (that is, motion along any of the axes) -- it can only remove rotational motion about the pan, tilt and roll axes. So the vertical "bounce" that I see is something that it cannot remove -- that has to done by the operator, I'm afraid.

The way I learned to walk was with the MōVI was to fill a coffee cup to the brim with water (why waste good coffee?) and then walk with it without spilling any. It caused my neighbors (and their dogs) some considerable concern when they saw me doing it

Roy Mills and Graham Futerfas like this.
  3. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Thank ewe, thank ewe, Mr. Smoker! :)

I call it the Groucho Marx walk...although this is more extreme version of it:

Andy

Forensic Software & sUAV / Drone Analyst : Photographer : Videographer : Pilot (Portland, Oregon, USA): Trees=2, Ground=1, Props=11. :(
    The Ground Is The Limit™
    ---------- Forensic Drone Analyst : Forensic sUAV Analyst : Forensic Unmanned Aircraft Analyst : Forensic Drone Expert

John Woody likes this.