/dist/images/branding/favicon

Movi M5 ( Android Information )

Discussion in 'MōVI M15' started by Trey Vollmer, Feb 20, 2015.

1. Trey Vollmer

Trey Vollmer New Member

Can somebody please suggest the proper Android model that I need to operate the GUI? I am clueless with Androids and Samsung as I'm coming from a Mac background. Will any Android work with the Movi M5 and GUI or do I need the latest one? I'm hoping I can buy one used if that is possible.

Trey

2. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

Google Nexus seems to be the one that has proven to run fine. Other brands have been hit and miss on whether they work or not. Android isn't even close to the standards on a Mac.

Trey Vollmer likes this.
  3. Kurt Wallrath

Kurt Wallrath Member

I've owned a 1st and 2nd gen Nexus 7 and I find the 2nd gen (2013) works best. It syncs to the MoVI almost instantly vs the gen 1 took a while to find the MoVI and sometimes not at all. You should be able to find a 16gb for $150 or less. I'm actually glad it doesn't work with an iPad because my 1st Nexus got stepped-on on set :(

The way you can tell the 1st from the second gen is the camera on the back. The second gen has the camera on the back. The second gen has "NEXUS" written across the back in landscape. The first gen is written in portrait orientation.

Trey Vollmer likes this.
  4. Brandon Loeser

We just got the Digiland 7" tablet (DL701Q) from Best Buy for $49. It's only 8gb but we only use it for the Movi. It works great and connects right away.

Trey Vollmer likes this.
  5. Trey Vollmer

Trey Vollmer New Member

Brandon, I must say I like the sound of $49 after dropping $4,000 on the M5. Now I know this may sound obvious to most, but if I buy a tablet to I also have to pay a monthly bill for service? Please say no!

Trey

6. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

No monthly charge unless you use it with a cellular provider.

Trey Vollmer likes this.
  7. Trey Vollmer

Trey Vollmer New Member

Excellent.

8. Trey Vollmer

Trey Vollmer New Member

Does anybody have any other low cost suggestions besides the $49 Digiland 7" ? The local Best Buy is sold out and I need to get something fast because I need to use my Movi at a wedding this Friday.