/dist/images/branding/favicon

Movi M5 / Akira / Wifi adapter

Discussion in 'MōVI M5' started by Luke Ellingham, Mar 4, 2016.

1. Luke Ellingham

Luke Ellingham New Member

Hi guys,

I've updated the firmware in my Movi M5 to Akira and just installed the wifi adapter so I can use my iPhone for the time-lapse function etc. My phone is connecting to the wifi but when I open the app I'm getting an error message that reads: "Firmware revision not recognised. Please ensure you are using the latest version of this app"

I've only just downloaded the app from the app store and can't see an update. Am i missing something?

Thanks a lot,
    Luke

Brother Film Co.

2. Luke Ellingham

Hi there,

I'm still unable to connect to my M5 via wifi. The same error message is still being displayed. Does anyone know the issue?

Thanks a lot,
    Luke

Brother Film Co.

3. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Can you confirm that the iOS app is version 1.630 please Luke.

If it is, I'd open a support ticket by sending an email to support@freeflysystems.com -- bear in mind that Akira is beta software, so you may want to revert back to 4.02 -- which you can find at http://freeflysystems.com/software-manuals

Andy
    ----------
    Forensic Software & sUAV / Drone Analyst : Photographer : Videographer : Pilot (Portland, Oregon, USA): Trees=2, Ground=1, Props=11. :(
    The Ground Is The Limit™
    ---------- Forensic Drone Analyst : Forensic sUAV Analyst : Forensic Unmanned Aircraft Analyst : Forensic Drone Expert

4. Luke Ellingham

Hi Andy,

Yes the app is version 1.630. Thanks for the advice.

Do you mean reverting the Movi firmware back to v4.02 rather than the app?

Luke

5. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Yeah -- I'm making the inference that the issue might be with Akira, so revert the MōVI firmware back to the current production release and see if that helps the problem.

Andy
    ----------
    Forensic Software & sUAV / Drone Analyst : Photographer : Videographer : Pilot (Portland, Oregon, USA): Trees=2, Ground=1, Props=11. :(
    The Ground Is The Limit™
    ---------- Forensic Drone Analyst : Forensic sUAV Analyst : Forensic Unmanned Aircraft Analyst : Forensic Drone Expert