/dist/images/branding/favicon

Movi M10 wont show up on bluetooth

Discussion in 'MōVI M10' started by Will Glover, Oct 23, 2016.

1. Will Glover

Will Glover New Member

Hi,

I have just bought a brand new movi m10 onthe deal Freefly released. Waited for quite a few weeks for it to arrive.

I just tested it today to make sure everything was workig before we headed up to a shoot tomorrow and I can ot connect to it via bluetooth.

I have tried to connect on a mac, a tablet and an android phone and it isnt discoverable.

I also thought about installing a wifi unit to connect it but i think this needs bluetooth to set it up!

Is there a quick and easy obvious fix to this or am I going to have to hire one for this shoot??

Annoyed is an understatement!

Thanks in advance

2. Graham Futerfas

Graham Futerfas Well-Known Member

Hi Will, new Movi's don't have Bluetooth. They have Wifi built-in now, so you can connect it that way. This was apparently changed somewhere around last August.

3. Will Glover

Will Glover New Member

Ahh mate you are a life saver. I didn't even think to try it because it says bluetooth in the instructions and I spoke to someone before at Freefly who told me it was just the M15's that come built in! Thanks again

Graham Futerfas likes this.
  4. Graham Futerfas

They changed out to Wifi very quietly the last few months, and you're not the first to ask this question. Good luck on your shoot!

5. Graham,
    I don't know where you are getting your information from, but that is not true. Certain M10's & M15's are WiFi specific, some are still Bluetooth. MoVI M5's still ship with Bluetooth ONLY, and have never shipped with WiFi. If your GCU has an orange button on it, it is WiFi enabled.

Attached Files:

6. Graham Futerfas

Chris, I'm not sure whether to take your comment personally or not. I was just trying to help a fellow Movi user.

How would anyone outside of Freefly know which Movi's are shipping with Wifi or Bluetooth? It's not mentioned anywhere on the website or store. Or Instagram, Facebook or Twitter. The current M15 Manual still mentions Bluetooth as the primary connection, as does the Quickstart Guide.

This topic just came up one day here in the Forum last August after the M15 Flash Sale, when someone else posted the same question as above. And then I saw an M10 user who only had Wifi, too, so empirically, it seems that new Movi's are shipping with Wifi only. Maybe that doesn't apply to new M5's -- I wouldn't know, and this is technically the M10 part of the Forum. If another user on this Forum gets a Movi that has Bluetooth, then they can ignore my comments because presumably they don't have the same problem of not finding the Movi under Bluetooth that Will had.

Sorry to be so defensive, but I can't tell if you're exasperated by my posts. You're a representative of Freefly and have way more knowledge than me about the Movi and the full line, but I love my Movi and enjoy talking about it with other users. There are many things about it that don't get mentioned in the Manuals or Knowledge Base, so the Forum is a unique opportunity to talk about problems and challenges with the Movi.

Please forgive my generalizations -- Will seemed to be in a rush to get an answer because of a pending shoot, so I typed quickly in my response. It seemed obvious what his problem was, having seen it come up before, and simple fix.

7. My response simply deals with basic information about Freefly products. Nothing more, nothing less. While the forum is a great place for MoVI owner/operators share their personal experiences with their own units, exchange ideas, tips, tricks, and advice outside of Freefly's technical support, technical support still scans and posts in the forums, in order to provide up to date information for it's customers.
    If you or anyone else has questions, concerns, or are unclear about one of our products functions or specifications, we recommend contacting Freefly support, before making generalizations about other products not in your possession, as that may confuse other users.

If anyone has any further questions, we would be happy to help. Please email us at support@freeflysystems.com

Thanks,
    Freefly Support