/dist/images/branding/favicon

Movi m10 twitch on tilt - 3.07 firmware motion mode

Discussion in 'MōVI M10' started by Justin John, May 27, 2014.

1. Justin John

Justin John Member

Hello,

Currently on a job and experiencing an unwanted twitch on the tilt. Using motion mode on the latest firmware. Occasional twitch on tilt where it re centres itself during shooting approx 3 twitches per 9 minute flight. It does not happen on any specific movement or tilting action. 2 person setup. Full3 axis engaged. It is ruining our shots. Any suggestions? Camera is an epic with prime lens. Otherwise working well and smooth footage. No wires are getting caught. Spektrum receiver in a prime location on the landing gear away from any other transmitters.

Thanks for the help

2. Justin John

Justin John Member

One more note to add it seems like it's going back to majestic mode momentarily

3. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

Justin two things come to mind. Battery is low, at least low enough that it can't handle the load on the MoVI. Double check tilt balance so that the motors are working at max efficiency and not needing to support an unbalanced tilt channel. Second would be that you are getting occasional interference/blanking with the remote.

4. Justin John

Justin John Member

Thanks Gary for the quick reply.
    Battery is brand new. I'll try re-binding the dx7 And I turned motion mode off for a couple flights.

Camera is balanced perfectly.

Any other suggestions anyone ? I actually had another movi owner mention this problem to me yesterday.

5. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

That suggests that some part of the system is temporarily blocking line of sight between the receiver and the transmitter. The receiver on the M10 is on the right hand side of the control unit -- any chance that when the twitch happens that the receiver is being shielded from the transmitter? Or are you flying in an area of high intensity radio transmissions (WiFi, cell phone towers?)

Rebinding will not change anything -- it's either already bound or it is not. There is nothing halfway about it, I'm afraid.

Andy.

6. Brad Meier

Brad Meier Active Member
    Staff Member

I agree. Somehow your losing signal. The MoVI defaults to Majestic mode on signal loss.

7. Justin John

Justin John Member

Thanks for the opinions. I'll move the spektrum receiver again and put a ferrite ring on the long cable. I did manage to get one flight in today where I switched motion mode off and it did not twitch during that flight.

8. Justin John

Justin John Member

Update: upon closer inspection, the satellite receiver had one frayed antenna wire. Nothing major but enough to decrease the range. System working well now. Used motion mode again today and got 700m out before any twitch. Shooting epic dragon at 6k and 84 Fps with 32mm ultra prime. Movi doing a great job!

Thanks for all the help
    Justin

9. Brad Meier

Brad Meier Active Member
    Staff Member

Excellent! Thanks for reporting back. Im sure it will help others..

10. Arthur Vieira

Arthur Vieira Flight Squad

Just a tip...

One thing a do on my Cinestars receivers to avoid a broken antenna. Saved me a lot of times for the past 3 years...
    2 heat shrink tubes.

Good luck.

Attached Files:

11. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Nice idea, Arthur. I might be tempted to run the heatshrink all the way along the antenna, just to maximize the protection.

Andy.