/dist/images/branding/favicon

Movi M10 hits the stand when panning

Discussion in 'MōVI M10' started by Leon Kowalski, Oct 16, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Leon Kowalski

Leon Kowalski New Member

Hey Guys,

I have just balanced this Movi m10 and the center rod that extends from the pan motor is hitting the spine of the stand. Doesn't make a difference which way the Movi is placed on the stand.

I cant seem to adjust this at all - what am I missing?

20161017_141645.jpg

20161017_141917.jpg

20161017_141927.jpg 20161017_141856.jpg

Cheers,
    Leon

2. Brandon Riley

Brandon Riley New Member

Leon,

I have the same issue. I was going to send my M10 back because it wouldnt get past the blinking green light scenario. What I found was that it was hitting the stand when it fired up. Doesnt make any sense, but there you have it. was able to just swing the post to the other side and it was all good.

I think this is why most seasoned Movi ops use a baby stand or c stand instead.

3. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

Does your M10 have the inverted upgrade with the slotted pan tube? Maybe it is longer than the original tube. I seem to remember that the M10 was a bit long even with the original tube and the stand was really made for tuning with the MoVI facing the back of the stand. If you reversed it, to use the stand as a tripod, the tube would hit. Maybe someone with an M10 can chime in.

4. Dominic Eder-Smigura

Hey you again Leon! Had the same problem. Even when I turned it around it turned itself around 180° when I turned it on. It didn't make any sense until I realised that the front side of the movi is always the same. With the toad in the hole you easily set it to a random degree and wonder why it acts crazy. So in your case set the movi up so that the tightning latch of the toad looks away from the stand (opposite of the way it is on the picture). Hope this helps.

Dominic

5. Leon Kowalski

Leon Kowalski New Member

Hey Dominic - yeah hey!

Yep apparently the new knuckle bar is longer than the original stand was designed for, so it will do that with all new m10s - the customer support guys said to simply place it the other way around with the lens facing the spine of the stand, and it has the same results which is cool enough.