/dist/images/branding/favicon

MOVI M 10 UNSATISFIED!

Discussion in 'MōVI M10' started by suresh anima, Apr 8, 2015.

1. suresh anima

suresh anima New Member

Our New Movi M10 really unsatisfied Result in Majestic Mode!!o_O
    any suggestion pls.:(:(

Camera - Red Epic
    Lens - 24mm/24fps.
    - 50 mm/48fps.

2. Senthil Nathan

Try checking your balancing. Also, the MOVI does not compensate for the vertical axis (operator walking). So, changing the walking method may help.

3. jim mundell

jim mundell Member

I see vertical movement which was mentioned. You have to watch how you walk to minimize that. I find that you almost have to deaden your upper body. Bend your knees a bit and make your upper body as still as it can be. Takes practice.

4. Ryan Hawley

Ryan Hawley Member

It's true that a proper Movi walk takes practice and helps a ton - when executed well - with that vertical movement; However it looks to me that there is a lot more going on there than just the operator's steps. The footage has a very handheld look - as Senthil mentioned I would check your balance, and look on your gui to see how hard your motors are working when your movi is resting.

Also check all of your settings - is there a chance you have handheld mode enabled? Perhaps stiffness settings are too low? It's hard to say as there could be a few things going on.

5. Wolf Schiebel

Wolf Schiebel Active Member

To me it looks like the stiffness settings are way too low, maybe due to bad balancing.
    Please remember that the MōVI has a learning curve similar to steadicam….regarding walking, tuning and moving also..

Best Wolf

6. Philip Lima

Philip Lima Member

As others have said, walking without any vertical movement is key to a smooth shot with the Movi. If you have experience using a steadicam it helps with knowing how to adjust your footwork to smooth things out. It's an art and not something you can just pickup and get perfect footage out of.

The second thing that's also been mentioned is the balance and tuning of the Movi. Make sure you balance it perfectly on all axis. Depending on your camera, you should be well above 80 on all axis in the gui and your motors should be at less than 2% output when it's resting. Also, shooting with a 50mm on a Movi takes a lot more practice than shooting with a 24mm. Every little move you make vertically is that much more noticeable. If you're just starting out using the Movi, keep wider lenses on it until you get really comfortable with it.

7. suresh anima

suresh anima New Member

Thanks all for yours replay..:):)