/dist/images/branding/favicon

Movi flips to face operator when switched to Majestic Mode

Discussion in 'MōVI M10' started by Nick Nichols, Apr 25, 2015.

1. Lael Camak

Lael Camak Member

Great! Woohoo! Hey Nick, welcome to the forum BTW!
    Those who know me, know I wasn't intending any insult. Honestly, this question comes up probably twice a month (or more), AND it is perfectly understandable!!
    The same thing happened to me when I first got my MoVI. Really, it was worse, but no fault to FreeFly. When my MoVI came in, I was out of the country for a few weeks. I had some friends, that I trusted, assemble it and give it a try on their drone. They put it back together for me for my return. Unknowingly, they had the handle wrong (but only off 90 degrees - which is probably harder to deal with than 180 degrees), AND they forgot and left it in Aerial mode. I spent WAY too much time figuring it all out. Actually, those friends still owe me a tall beer.
    I do apologize for the attempt at humor (my kids don't think I'm funny either). And nothing is funny when things don't work and you are stressing. Glad it works now!
    And THANKS the most for reporting you solved it!
    All the best,
    lael

2. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Glad you go it sorted, Nick.
    Just in case others read this thread, you mentioned you would flip the handle bars 180 degrees, but then you said, "flip the pan motor 180 degrees." Did you just change the handle bars?

Andy.

3. Nick Nichols

Nick Nichols New Member

Ha! No worries man, like I said, I do appreciate the sarcasm/humor! And thanks for the help!

4. Nick Nichols

Nick Nichols New Member

Good question. Either would work. When I had the free fly system on the stand, and took the handlebars off, I had the choice of either rotating handlebars around, or just spinning the square plate on top of the movi. I noticed when I turned the square plate, it had notches that clicked in when turned. It did not spin freely which I thought it would. So after turning the plate 180 degrees, it all works good!

5. Lael Camak

Lael Camak Member

Awesome! Thanks for sharing your solution Nick.
    All the best,
    lael

6. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

Nick the pan motor mount does have a 'front'. Get something to mark the front of the mount or hole for the toad. Common issue, many posts on the same subject. I used a metallic marker. Gold is an approved color :)