/dist/images/branding/favicon

Movi/Epic info thread

Discussion in 'MōVI M10' started by Justin Marx, Oct 3, 2013.

1. Justin Marx

Justin Marx Active Member

Hi Tabb and other smart people :)

Like the rest of the world, I touched this at NAB and was amazed.. Now its time to make the donuts..

I know there are many ways to rig and power the Movi with the Epic, but is there an optimal way? Honestly, this is the "professional" way this will be used. The EPIC is the most powerful camera in the weight range.

My friend Leo and I will be getting it soon and we both want to make it as "easy" and "lightweight" as possible while maintaining the proper cable management.

Easy as in less batteries.

Is this possible?

Power requirements for any professional production:
    EPIC CAMERA
    MONITOR
    WIRELSS VIDEO
    WIRELESS FOCUS Receiver
    MOVI

Can you please tell me what you guys have been doing (cables, power boxes, baattery types, pictures, videos)
    You guys are the masters. Please give us a starting point.

I also think it would be a great think to make a "sticky" and put it up top next to FAQ so people can see what they need.

Thank you so much. I can't wait to do shots that could never be done before with this. I'd just love to think about shots and not how to power this or that...

2. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

Justin there are a number of threads with discussions on power and accessories. Take a look through the MōVI threads.

3. Justin Marx

Hi Gary, I understand I can search and will find info, but I think if the info on powering the things I mentioned above in one simple place would be a lot more useful then 20 people with different rigs in 17 threads.

Basically like a "what we do" section for what Freefly does to make things work properly.

4. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

New sections coming soon.

5. Justin Marx

Great, well for now is there a Freefly recommended setup for what I have asked.

6. Casey McBeath

Casey McBeath Member

We just finished a straight week of shooting a number of projects with the MoVI being the only support system on set. We found it was best to go with LiPo R/C batteries to run the camera and the accessories. We'll be posting a good bit more on this in the coming week.

7. Justin Marx

Thanks Casey, would love to see some pix!! Thanks!