/dist/images/branding/favicon

Movi Controller not pairing with receiver

Discussion in 'MōVI Controller' started by Andrew Agcaoili, Sep 2, 2017.

1. Andrew Agcaoili

Andrew Agcaoili New Member

Having trouble pairing controller to receiver on the Movi Pro. When I try to bind the light on the receiver continues to flash fast orange and doesn't slow down and the bind fails. Link below shows the process. Has anyone encountered this problem?

Both movi pro and controller are on the latest firmware. I've followed all the steps for trouble shooting and have tried freefly support but it's taking too long for them to respond.

2. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Andrew:
    Did the MP and MC ever work together -- or is this the first time you've tried it?

Also I'm curious why you're using group 1? My setting are Channel 2, group 0, Power Level 4. I'm not sure that that is the problem, but just curious.

I just watched the video again -- it's hard to be sure but it looks like you have the MoVI Pro Rx set to channel zero, but the controller is on channel 8. Apologies if I'm wrong about that, but the arrow on the MoVI Pro Rx is hard to see at the best of times.

That said, try setting both the MoVI Pro Rx and the Movi Controller to channel 0 and see if that helps.

Andy

Forensic Software & sUAV / Drone Analyst : Photographer : Videographer : Pilot (Portland, Oregon, USA): Trees=2, Ground=1, Props=11. :(
    The Ground Is The Limit™
    ---------- Forensic Drone Analyst : Forensic sUAV Analyst : Forensic Unmanned Aircraft Analyst : Forensic Drone Expert

#2 Andy Johnson-Laird, Sep 3, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2017
  3. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

I'm sorry....I made a mistake, Andrew. Try setting both the MoVI Receiver and the Controller to Channel 2, and the Controller to Group 0.

Sorry about that.
    Andy

Forensic Software & sUAV / Drone Analyst : Photographer : Videographer : Pilot (Portland, Oregon, USA): Trees=2, Ground=1, Props=11. :(
    The Ground Is The Limit™
    ---------- Forensic Drone Analyst : Forensic sUAV Analyst : Forensic Unmanned Aircraft Analyst : Forensic Drone Expert

4. Andrew Agcaoili

Hey Andy

Thanks for responding. First time using it on MōVI pro but they were paired together before. Tried multiple different channels and groups but none of them will work.

I used the settings I have because freefly support sent me a sample video of pairing the controller so I just copied all the settings they used. The arrow on the receiver is pointed to channel 8 to match the controller. I’ll try channel 0 and the setting that worked for you. Will update.

5. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

Hi Andrew:
    Looks like you're doing all the right things, then. I presume you also checked that the MoVI Pro receiver is plugged into COM1? I don't think that would inhibit pairing them, but I'm trying to think of anything that just might be the issue.

One thing you might try -- and, yeah, this is going to sound a bit wacko, but have the MoVI Controller about three feet/one meter away from the MoVI Pro receiver. It's just a hunch -- sometimes a powerful transmitter can swamp the input stage of a receiver.

Puzzling...
    Andy

The Ground Is The Limit™

6. Andrew Agcaoili

Just tried following your settings and having the controller further away and it's still not working. Might have to just try and contact freefly again.

7. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

Yeah....sorry I couldn't be of more help.
    Not sure whether you're in N. America, but today is Labor Day holiday so I'm pretty sure that FF is closed today.

Andy

The Ground Is The Limit™