/dist/images/branding/favicon

Movi Controller Firmware Error - Not Turning On

Discussion in 'MōVI Controller' started by Richie Trimble, Mar 8, 2018.

1. Richie Trimble

Richie Trimble New Member

** FIXED

I was using a brand new Imac. Reinstalled all drivers and made sure to drag the firmware to the desktop before selecting it to install. Still didn't work. I had to try on my laptop, and VOILA. Fixed! Thanks Freefly Team!

Original Post: Hello All, i tried to update the movi controller up from 1.1.3 - I got repeated send file errors and after trying to cycle through, the controller will no longer turn on. Any hard resets/suggestions?

Thanks!

#1 Richie Trimble, Mar 8, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2018
  2. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi Richie:
    Can you provide more details please? (Apologies in advance for the Spanish Inquisition....nobody expects....etc.etc.)

1. Are you truing to do the upgrade to v3.2.1? (See https://docs.google.com/document/d/1wCmwA43pr8ienBFm46D-PwgX9HFo0surBgx3MBcIKlo/edit)
    2. Are you using a Mac or a PC?
    3. Which USB port on the MoVI Controller are you connecting to?
    4. Which USB cable are you using?
    EDIT: Oh....and are you following these instructions: https://freeflysystems.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/205133135-How-do-I-update-the-firmware-on-my-MōVI-Controller-

Cheers
    Andy

Forensic Software & sUAV / Drone Analyst : Photographer : Videographer : Pilot (Portland, Oregon, USA): Trees=2, Ground=1, Props=11. :(
    The Ground Is The Limit™
    ---------- Forensic Drone Analyst : Forensic sUAV Analyst : Forensic Unmanned Aircraft Analyst : Forensic Drone Expert

3. Richie Trimble

Richie Trimble New Member

** FIXED

I was using a brand new Imac. Reinstalled all drivers and made sure to drag the firmware to the desktop before selecting it to install. Still didn't work. I had to try on my laptop, and VOILA. Fixed! Thanks Freefly Team!

Notes for others with the same problem:

Make sure your FTDI drivers are up to date.
    Made sure your app is up to date.
    Bring the .bin file to the desktop before selecting it in the app.
    Disconnect the Controller from any power sources.
    Leave in OFF position
    Open the App
    Watch the COM selection box.
    Plug in the controller
    you should see the controller in the COM box
    Select the .bin firmware file from desktop and install
    If this doesn't work, try another computer

4. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks for the posting, Richie. You're absolutely right -- the FTDI driver is what allows the computer to "see" the MoVI Controller when it's connected and if that doesn't happen, you will never be able to update the Controller because the driver has not detected it.

Cheers
    Andy

Forensic Software & sUAV / Drone Analyst : Photographer : Videographer : Pilot (Portland, Oregon, USA): Trees=2, Ground=1, Props=11. :(
    The Ground Is The Limit™
    ---------- Forensic Drone Analyst : Forensic sUAV Analyst : Forensic Unmanned Aircraft Analyst : Forensic Drone Expert