/dist/images/branding/favicon

Movi Controller firmare update problem

Discussion in 'MōVI Controller' started by Marcel Andre Morin, May 20, 2018.

1. Marcel Andre Morin

Marcel Andre Morin New Member

I just sent a mail to FF but incase someone may be able to provide some insight today I wanted to make some progress.

Hello Guys,
    I’ve been trying to update my firmware for the past couple of days and I am having no luck.
    Here’s some info.
    New MoviPro
    Chrosziel FIZ system
    Red Epic Dragon
    MacBook Pro w/ OS 10.13.4
    I’ve installed the FTDI driver that comes w/ the firmware update folder.
    I’ve restarted the controller and my laptop several times
    I’m using an ‘a’ to ‘a’ data transfer cable and I’m inserting the cable in the lower USB port.
    I’m using an ac adapter to power the controller.
    That’s all I can think os for now.
    Also, weird, but I’m noticing that I’m for some reason getting an EasySuite Disk image in my finder when going through this process.
    Anything I missed that can help you guys diagnose?
    Please help!

2. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Marcel: I just posted on the original thread you used for this question. I've connected the MoVI controller up to two different MacBooks, one running Sierra and one running High Sierra. Both work fine. But I've never installed Easy Suite on either of them.

Have you ever previously installed Easy Suite? If so, the problem is being caused by Easy Suite detecting something being plugged in and thinking that it's a disk when it's the MoVI Controller.

The workaround is to uninstall Easy Suite (you'll need to find the instructions for that, I'm afraid).

Cheers
    Andy

Forensic Software & sUAV / Drone Analyst : Photographer : Videographer : Pilot (Portland, Oregon, USA): Trees=2, Ground=1, Props=11. :(
    The Ground Is The Limit™
    ---------- Forensic Drone Analyst : Forensic sUAV Analyst : Forensic Unmanned Aircraft Analyst : Forensic Drone Expert

3. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member