/dist/images/branding/favicon

Movi Cinema Robot unresponsive(bricked) after attempting firmware update.

Discussion in 'Movi Beta App' started by Jerry McNeive, Feb 21, 2019.

1. Jerry McNeive

Jerry McNeive New Member

Hello,

I connected my iPhone to the Movi through the Movi app. It prompted me to update the robot firmware. When I initiated the update, the robot, which had a full battery charge, powered off and all lights became dark and unresponsive to POWER UP BUTTON or CHARGING CABLE. I left the unit connected to the USB-C charger overnight, and still not responsive and no lights are illuminated. I've reached out to FreeFly support for advice on restoring the unit or any suggestions related to this so-called Jumper Cable solution.

Any idea or thoughts are welcome.

Thanks,

Jerry

2. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi Jerry:
    Hmmm. This is not what you want to hear, but this is the first time I've seen this problem reported. FF technical support is likely going to be the best way to find a workaround. Please post again when you find out what the workaround proves to be -- it will help anyone else who has this same issue.

Thanks
    Andy

Forensic Software & sUAV / Drone Analyst : Photographer : Videographer : Pilot (Portland, Oregon, USA): Trees=2, Ground=1, Props=11. :(
    The Ground Is The Limitâ„¢
    ---------- Forensic Drone Analyst : Forensic sUAV Analyst : Forensic Unmanned Aircraft Analyst : Forensic Drone Expert