/dist/images/branding/favicon

Movi Charging Question

Discussion in 'Movi Technical' started by Karen Grant, Sep 9, 2018.

1. Karen Grant

Karen Grant New Member

So I just received the Movi and I love it. I am going to be doing some v-logging with it along with movie shooting. Thanks to the wonderful people on the forum I also purchased the Sennheiser ClipMic. I just have a question regarding the charging. I have browsed the forum for a answer and while I think it has already been answered, I just wanted to be sure. All these types of USB connections confuse me. So, here goes... I have a Anker PowerPort II charger that I use to charge my iPhone, and iPad. Will this work charging the Movi using the included type-c to type-a usb cable?

Also, since the cable isn't very long, can I purchase another brand of cable that is longer? If so, what brands do you recommend?

Here's a photo of the charger that I am talking about.

Thanks!
    Karen

Attached Files:

2. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi Karen:
    Sure. That should work -- I can't say "will work" only because I don't have the same unit as you have, but USB chargers comply with a USB standard for providing power.

Hope that helps
    Andy

Forensic Software & sUAV / Drone Analyst : Photographer : Videographer : Pilot (Portland, Oregon, USA): Trees=2, Ground=1, Props=11. :(
    The Ground Is The Limitâ„¢
    ---------- Forensic Drone Analyst : Forensic sUAV Analyst : Forensic Unmanned Aircraft Analyst : Forensic Drone Expert

3. Karen Grant

Karen Grant New Member

Great! Thank you Andy for your reply.

4. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

You're welcome, Karen. Please post again after you have verified that it does work correctly -- other forum users may have the same question in the future.

Andy

Forensic Software & sUAV / Drone Analyst : Photographer : Videographer : Pilot (Portland, Oregon, USA): Trees=2, Ground=1, Props=11. :(
    The Ground Is The Limitâ„¢
    ---------- Forensic Drone Analyst : Forensic sUAV Analyst : Forensic Unmanned Aircraft Analyst : Forensic Drone Expert